Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Long term lets?

Long term lets?

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:50 am
Just Joined

thillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long term lets?

We are considering moving to Andalucia region. We were/are considering buying a property to live in and one to rent out for holidays. Today however I have been reading an article in Living Spain about a scheme around Madrid, Malaga, Valencia, Murcia, Alicante and Barcelona (more locations may be added) run by a ministry of housing body called the Public Rental Society that is offering owners of property a guaranteed rent for five years. Not only that, but guarantee to manage the rental, collect the monyey, look after ongoing maintenance and had the property back in five years time in exactly the same condition as at the start of the contract. This scheme has been set up because young people in spain have no affordable rental accomodation. This to me sounds pretty good and would provide us with a guaranteed income all year round.

Have any of you got any experience in this?? I have tried to google it but I cant find anything on it really. May have more luck googling it in spanish but my spanish isnt up to it yet.

ta