Reload this Page >

Long let with Internet, Costa blanca

Long let with Internet, Costa blanca

Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

SAZZLE1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Long let with Internet, Costa blanca

Hey all

Put in my first thread not long ago re Costa Blanca and I got lots of helpful advise,
Now I am lookng for some more.
I have been able to get my 11 year old daughter into Mar Azul school nr Torrevieja and I am now looking for a long term rental 6 months + in and around this area, playa flamenca, La Zenia, Los Altos etc.
BUT I would very much like to have internet access and I am really struggling to find anywhere
our max Buget is about 700e pm

has anyone got any help with this for me?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long let with Internet, Costa blanca

Originally Posted by SAZZLE1977
Hey all

Put in my first thread not long ago re Costa Blanca and I got lots of helpful advise,
Now I am lookng for some more.
I have been able to get my 11 year old daughter into Mar Azul school nr Torrevieja and I am now looking for a long term rental 6 months + in and around this area, playa flamenca, La Zenia, Los Altos etc.
BUT I would very much like to have internet access and I am really struggling to find anywhere
our max Buget is about 700e pm

has anyone got any help with this for me?
Not looking too promising to be honest.....Fuzzlepop has been looking for something similar for a while now, you could PM him and ask his views.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Not in the Costa Blanca, but all the long term lets I've had here, I've had to connect the phone line and internet myself.

Would you consider that?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

yeah I would, so If I find a property that I like and they say no to Internet phone line etc, I would just say well could I pay for one to be installed??

How much would it cost do you think?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

You may have an issue in that area with the availability of telephone lines. There are many areas around there without landlines, the only options are TRAC phones, which work in the same way as mobiles in that they have a sim card but normal landline call rates and allowing "Dial-Up" internet, although they are very slow and not very stable, or a WiFi or "Mesh" internet system which should give you a phone line and much faster internet.
You may have trouble finding the info before you are there though.
Hope this helps
Regards
Tim
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Can't comment the availability of lines, as I've never lived out in the country.

Telecoms are expensive here, Telefonica standard charge to connect you is about 100€ (but then it's cheaper if you want to transfer your line elsewhere later). Provided the line is available, one you make your request you'll be conencted within a few days - it was once the next day for me.

Also, they occasionally do a free connection for new customers offer, so keep your eyes open for that
Old Aug 11th 2007, 12:40 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck finding one round here, I have been waiting ages and ended up with somwhere on the far end of villamartin. I know somone who is selling a 2bedroom flat with phoneline though, maybe mortgage that lol.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi
I have been told now about a place called Nortons in La Zenia which does a box which is wireless and it gives you phone and internet, so you dont need the owners permission and they do the area I am looking for
yipppeeee!!!

I have an email address for the girl there so will try her and see what she says.

thanks all
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:35 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Ok well I found another place to but its probobly out of my price range. Its in Playa Flamenca, its a bungalow with private pool. Has a phone line and internet can easily be installed. My friend has the phone number for it, going to call them later its out of my price range I'll let you know incase anyone else is interested.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

dream1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i have a brand new 2 bed 2 bath apartment for rent in Playa Flamenca 5 minutes from the commercial centre if you are interested let me know (you would have to sort out the phone etc)
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:17 pm
Drunken Monkey

Originally Posted by dream1
Hi i have a brand new 2 bed 2 bath apartment for rent in Playa Flamenca 5 minutes from the commercial centre if you are interested let me know (you would have to sort out the phone etc)
Does it have a line though that just needs to be "connected"?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

not sure I have seen the telephone sockets in Bedroom and living room will look into and get back to you, sorry for being vague only just got keys never really thought about installing aphone etc
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi just to let you know I believe the telephone line is already there you just need to connect it. apparently some-one in an apartment behind ours used Telefonica paid 80 euros connection then 40 euros per month
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:28 pm
Drunken Monkey

Just to let everyone know I'm taking dream1's place instead now
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:33 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Just to let everyone know I'm taking dream1's place instead now
Great, it sounds more convenient for you. The other place sounded a bit off the track for what you really want.

Will your moving date be similar or will you have to rethink it?

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.