British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   London Hotels - Best Web site (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/london-hotels-best-web-site-385958/)

Chiclanagir Jul 20th 2006 3:51 pm

London Hotels - Best Web site

Hi I am going back home in September to see Robbie Williams, a lovely Xmas present from my daughter, there are so many web sites to book cheap hotels. Any recommendations?

Nige Jul 20th 2006 4:31 pm

Re: London Hotels - Best Web site

Originally Posted by glynis
Hi I am going back home in September to see Robbie Williams, a lovely Xmas present from my daughter, there are so many web sites to book cheap hotels. Any recommendations?

Am a fan of IBIS Hotels at the moment having stayed in a few recently including the one just outside Jerez and also the one on the airport road at Seville. I notice that there is one close to Wembley Stadium where I assume Robbie is doing his stuff. Have a look at www.ibishotels.com Am sure that they are all similar hotels at least in the bedrooms.

Chiclanagir Jul 20th 2006 5:00 pm

Thanks Nige but he isn´t playing at Wembley now but Milton Keynes. Doesn´t have quite the same touch does it! I will be staying for three nights so want somewhere in town but reasonable.

NicCol Jul 20th 2006 6:01 pm

Thanks Nige but he isn´t playing at Wembley now but Milton Keynes. Doesn´t have quite the same touch does it! I will be staying for three nights so want somewhere in town but reasonable.

I used activehotels.com recently for a concert I went to in Manchester. They had good rates, about £20 cheaper per night than paying direct. The hotel was excellent too. Part of the Quality hotel chain.

CAROL ELIZABETH Jul 20th 2006 6:07 pm

Have you thought about the Travel lodges - they have some ace deals - even down to £10 a night - clean and basic no breakfast but perfectly adequate. Can be booked on line I think. We stayed in one last Easter on our way to Kent/France and it was fine - was £26 because we did not give 30 days notice - otherwise under the deal could have been £10.

Carol

EsuriJohn Jul 20th 2006 9:41 pm

Hi Glynis,

As a Milton Keynes resident for 20 yrs I'm not sure how to take that!

All the cancelled Wembly concerts have been moved to the "Bowl" and have been very successful.

The Bowl is located on Watling Street (the old A5 trunk road) and not 2 miles due south is an Ibis. We overnight at the Ibis next to Faro airport now and again and it looks very similar. you will probably have to walk to the Bowl from about that distance unless you have a car parking pass so it could be a good place to lay your head after the walk back at midnight.

We live about a mile due west of the bowl so we will hear the concert for free if the wind is the normal prevailing south westerly. Bon Jovi was loud and clear last month.

Any more info reqd pm me.

Regards, :D ;)

John

PS within a couple of miles there are also Travel Lodge, Premier Lodge, Premier Inn and lots of other hotel chains from 2* to 4*

poollounger Jul 26th 2006 1:52 pm

Glynis.. just a thought, but have you tried looking at Ryanair's Hotel site?? I have never needed to try it for London, but have stayed in several places in Jerez and Seville booked through them, and the Hotel Fuente in Grazalema....the prices were reasonable I thought.

Chiclanagir Jul 27th 2006 10:47 am

Originally Posted by poollounger
Glynis.. just a thought, but have you tried looking at Ryanair's Hotel site?? I have never needed to try it for London, but have stayed in several places in Jerez and Seville booked through them, and the Hotel Fuente in Grazalema....the prices were reasonable I thought.

No haven´t tried. I did think they might wait until you get there and then cancel the booking, a bit, like they do with their flights!!

poollounger Jul 27th 2006 1:08 pm

No haven´t tried. I did think they might wait until you get there and then cancel the booking, a bit, like they do with their flights!!

Touch wood I have never had them cancel on me ....