Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Loking for detached house to rent Estepona

Loking for detached house to rent Estepona

Old Apr 21st 2014, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

vespapcl40 has a brilliant futurevespapcl40 has a brilliant futurevespapcl40 has a brilliant futurevespapcl40 has a brilliant futurevespapcl40 has a brilliant futurevespapcl40 has a brilliant futurevespapcl40 has a brilliant future
Default Loking for detached house to rent Estepona

Hi all, I am looking for a long term rental in the Estepona area heading west towards Sotogrande. We know exactly what we're looking for and it's not a flat, not a terraced house, no big urbinizations either. I don't want to bore everyone with our exact criteria but we are looking for a detached property with secure parking and preferably on one level. Most of the agents down here are CRAP! That is my professional opinion and not slander! They never update their websites so when you get all excited about what could potentially be the right house it's almost as if they say 'Sorry, Computer Says No'!!!
So just by the off chance that anyone here knows of anyone wishing to rent out a Detached Property please message me - a million thanks!!!
Old Apr 21st 2014, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loking for detached house to rent Estepona

Originally Posted by vespapcl40
Hi all, I am looking for a long term rental in the Estepona area heading west towards Sotogrande. We know exactly what we're looking for and it's not a flat, not a terraced house, no big urbinizations either. I don't want to bore everyone with our exact criteria but we are looking for a detached property with secure parking and preferably on one level. Most of the agents down here are CRAP! That is my professional opinion and not slander! They never update their websites so when you get all excited about what could potentially be the right house it's almost as if they say 'Sorry, Computer Says No'!!!
So just by the off chance that anyone here knows of anyone wishing to rent out a Detached Property please message me - a million thanks!!!
Written word is libel not slander which is the spoken word.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 4:00 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vespapcl40
I know a few "reputable" estate agents in the UK who never update their computers either - so you have to ask if it is available before getting excited, and as many in Spain learnt all they know in the UK bad practices still carry on.

it can be soul destroying enough doing it by computer, even worse if walking round. But some of the Spanish agents seem to have their act together better, at least in the Granada area.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porth
Written word is libel not slander which is the spoken word.
I'm sure the OP will be forever grateful for that valuable post.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 5:09 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

You must be choosing the wrong agents, there are hundreds of properties to rent all over the coast. Don't think Estepona will be an exception. Better to walk around and see all the agents cards on the gates.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 7:19 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.idealista.com
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Glasgow Billy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Thanks for that link Madridboy.

Gave me a better idea of whats on offer in El Campello. A few bargins for long term rentals to be found on there.

I just need to research the area now.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:39 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

The major Spanish agents don't keep their portals current because they are inundated with dreamers who fill the agent's inboxes with silly requests for property details they have no intention of ever viewing.

Serious prospective buyers or renters will visit to view properties and not even bother with out-of date photos on an old web site. Estepona is a desirable area with rental prospects galore and the best place to find a property is to visit an estate agent's office in town - the old town.

You can't judge a property or a place from a picture nowadays, not with Photoshop and the others; I saw one of the Benidorm Cross the other day which looked as though it was in the middle of nowhere and the giant tower blocks all around had disappeared.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 9:57 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

You can't judge a property or a place from a picture nowadays, not with Photoshop and the others; I saw one of the Benidorm Cross the other day which looked as though it was in the middle of nowhere and the giant tower blocks all around had disappeared.
We once went to view a villa which had beautiful gardens and pool (pre-internet) it was overlooked by a 6 floor hotel at the bottom of the garden

Some agents have leaders on their websites. Properties for sale/rent that look cheap aren't available, just a tool to reel you in.