Reload this Page >

Locksmith wanted

Locksmith wanted

Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

leeuwerikje is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Locksmith wanted

Hi there,

is there anybody who can change the lock of my postbox? The previous tenants bought the box, but didn't leave a key.

I'm living in Murla,

thx,
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:48 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Locksmith wanted

I have no idea where Murla is but I am sure if you ask at your local Ferreteria (ironmonger) they will help you out.

Is it a stand alone box? You might find it is cheaper to buy a new mail box, they are not expensive.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

very good idea, thx!

it's not a stand alone box I'm afraid,
grtz
Old Oct 6th 2012, 2:03 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

The locks are usually very simple to change. I would suggest you take a photo of the box to the Ferreteria so he can identify what type of lock is fitted to yours.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

Why not drill the old lock out and fit a new one. They are not expensive.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ex-pat
Why not drill the old lock out and fit a new one. They are not expensive.
Hoi! That's the million dollar question!

I'm a woman, and I do not know how to do it, hence, I have to ask somebody else (who will cash my money for it).

grtz,
Old Oct 8th 2012, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
The locks are usually very simple to change. I would suggest you take a photo of the box to the Ferreteria so he can identify what type of lock is fitted to yours.
Hey good idea, will do that tomorrow and go to the ferreteria on wednseday (feria valeciana tommorow).

many thx,
Old Oct 8th 2012, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

hey missile,

took a look at your 'blog -stuff', expected the worst but ended up ....like!

Thx,

Last edited by leeuwerikje; Oct 8th 2012 at 7:27 pm. Reason: what bike are you riding?