Reload this Page >

Location of Nueve Torrevieja

Location of Nueve Torrevieja

Old Apr 12th 2013, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Helen Ireland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Location of Nueve Torrevieja

Hi

I would like to know if Nueve Torrevieja is part of Torrevieja or outside of the town. I was interested in some property there.

Thank you in advance.
Helen
Old Apr 12th 2013, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location of Nueve Torrevieja

Try Google Earth.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

If you mean Aguas Nuevas then yes it is to the north west (ie at the back of the town) and is a recently built extension to the town and so comes under Torrevieja town hall. You could walk into the centre of the town quite easily or there are buses.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much. Would this area be within walking distance of any nice beach? Also, some one said that there is the right and wrong side of town, saying that the wrong side goes past two long beaches. Sorry, I was only in the town once and that was only for the markets.

Would you also know if it would be a safe area?

Thanks
Helen
Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I would any area of Torrevieja is safer than most UK towns/cities - but obviously some are better than others. Aguas Nuevas is OK but of course it is not the best location for walking to a beach. Best to come and explore and see what is right for you.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 8:59 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Aguas Nuevas is the same as Torrevieja Nuevo, the latter is the area around the Guardia Civil, market and La Loma. In my humble opinion, it's not a nice place.

It's where they re-housed the gypsies evicted from Gypsy Lane and it's full of lower-end Russians who have flocked to the place to be with their friends. I read that 4,000 of them arrived in the last year alone.

It's cheap enough, and the walk to the beach is only 20 minutes away, all downhill.

I've got nothing against Gippos or Russians, but I'm sorry to say that I don't want to live next door to them.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for letting me know. I am very grateful. Do you know of anywhere nice that is near enough to walk to Torrevieja (preferably along a coastal road)? It would also need to be a close enough walk to a beach.

Thanks
Helen
Old Apr 13th 2013, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes you can walk north to La Mata - Guardamar and south down to la Zenia and beyond.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
I would any area of Torrevieja is safer than most UK towns/cities - but obviously some are better than others. .
Written by a Spaniard working in Torrevieja, doesn't sound like the place you're writing about.
Mi consejo es que se olviden de Torrevieja, yo estuve 3 meses el verano pasado trabajando en el hospital público que hay en Torrevieja y sólamente ví por urgencias que gentuza.
Palizas, agresiones, violencia de género, atracos, robos... la verdad esque Torrevieja es una ciudad completita. Debe de ser (sin lugar a dudas) una de las poblaciones con más delincuencia de España.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

In the summer the population swells to around 250,000 (from the usual 105,000) many are foreigners for whom the cheap beer and sun are an explosive mixture.

But in 13 years in and around the area I have never been threatened or seen a punch thrown. The Spanish poster obviously has a different view but maybe she came from a small remote village and of course was working in a hospital that serves a large area, not only including Torrevieja.

But if you want total peace and tranquillity - no don't come to Torrevieja. It is a large coastal town populated by over 100 nationalities who in the main live a peaceful life, all things considered.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.

Which is nearer, within about 20-30 mins brisk walking distance, on a coastal road: La Mata, La Zenia, Cabo Roig, Toretta, or is there another place that I don't know about. I like to be by the coast but I also like to be near the buzz. I quite like the ex-pat lifestyle and I don't mind that it gets busy in the summer. I would also like to be near a lot of ex-pat associations. Sorry about all the questions, but I would like to have some idea before I go and visit, and check out possible areas to buy in.

Thanks
Helen
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

If you Google torrevieja forums you will find two that are subscribed to by people who actually live there. I have a property in La Zenia which out of season is like living in Worthing or Eastbourne except with sun (sometimes).

Last edited by rspltd; Apr 14th 2013 at 9:03 pm. Reason: typing errors
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

hmm have you been to Worthing recently?