Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Local English Speaking Newspapers Costa Del Sol

Local English Speaking Newspapers Costa Del Sol

Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Local English Speaking Newspapers Costa Del Sol

Are there any English speaking (LOCAL) newspapers in the Costa Del Sol that you can run adverts for your business?
I have heard of the Sur in English but online, can you get the actual newspaper also?
Thanks
Peter
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Local English Speaking Newspapers Costa Del Sol

Sur in English news papers is available every friday.

There is also Euro Weekly
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

There is also the Town Crier, telephone 902 007 280 or fax 952 454 423, the Friday Add, www.friday-ad.es , plus many other small magazines that you can place adverts in. If this is for your classes then another magazine that would be good for you is Kids on the Costa, www.kids-on-the-costa.com
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

erisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really nice

Yes - The Sur in English is available every Friday and distributed free of charge via newsagents, bars, restaurants and estate agents. Another possibility is The Town Crier - again a freebie weekly. I've just joined this forum, principally to answer your question, so I've not made out my profile yet, however, in the meantime, I'm situated in the Montemar area of Torremolinos so you can see these publications cover a wide area - the whole of The Sol.

Good luck with your venture.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Another one is The Buzz, www.buzzinspain.com
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:34 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by erisaman
. I've just joined this forum, principally to answer your question,
What dedication .... maybe you'll hang around
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

erisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
What dedication .... maybe you'll hang around
Oh, I intend to - and would have joined sooner or later anyway, but seeing something to which I could contribute just prompted me to get stuck in sooner rather than ......!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

flyingsusie has a brilliant futureflyingsusie has a brilliant futureflyingsusie has a brilliant futureflyingsusie has a brilliant futureflyingsusie has a brilliant futureflyingsusie has a brilliant future

Hi,
There is also Costa del Sol news, which is €1. I usually pick one up in the airport on the way out!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flyingsusie
Hi,
There is also Costa del Sol news, which is €1. I usually pick one up in the airport on the way out!
Thanks everyone for the info, very helpful.Another newspaper question. Would anyone reccomend any 1 paper/mag over another for advertising a business. Bearing in mind we are looking to run kids personal development and kickboxing classes and adult fitness and kickboxing classes. Also looking to do personal training 1-2-1 for fitness, weight loss, stress relief using a kickboxing format. We also teach pensioners by the way, but in a way they can gain flexibility and fitness but without injury or killing themselves with a crazy regime.
Thanks again
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Sur covers more area than the others, and is the most read. The kids magazine would be good if aiming at children.

Have you decided where you are going to run your club yet?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
The Sur covers more area than the others, and is the most read. The kids magazine would be good if aiming at children.

Have you decided where you are going to run your club yet?
We are coming over to the Costa Del Sol at the end of May to have a look around. I need (in my opinion) to be as accessible to the expat community as possible, as this will be my main market. I will obviously teach any nationality though. We are going to be staying in Benalmadena for 4 days and will drive up and down the coast to have a look at commercial units for rent. We need nothing but an empty premises.
Where do you think is the heaviest population of expat Brits with families?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
Are there any English speaking (LOCAL) newspapers in the Costa Del Sol that you can run adverts for your business?
I have heard of the Sur in English but online, can you get the actual newspaper also?
Thanks
Peter
To be honest I`ve not heard any newspaper " speak " in Spain , but there again maybee I`ve not looked in the right place.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
We are coming over to the Costa Del Sol at the end of May to have a look around. I need (in my opinion) to be as accessible to the expat community as possible. We are going to be staying in Benalmadena for 4 days and will drive up and down the coast.
Where do you think is the heaviest population of expat Brits with families?
If you are staying in Benalmadena Costa then you should check out the Arroyo de la Miel area plus, of course, the Benalmadena Pueblo - both right on your doorstep. Heading up the coast you have the Nerja area with it's large ex-pat population whilst down the coast you have Fuengirola and the Calahonda areas - all ex-pat haunts although I'm not too sure about the family aspect.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Very large British population round this area, also commercial premises would be a lot cheaper than Marbella area. There are also many British/International schools, so a good area to try and start up classes.

Think I may have mentioned it before but very large sports centre just opened in Arroyo de la Miel area of Benalmadena, could check these out as well as the schools also.