Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A load of Bull.....

A load of Bull.....

Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:30 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default A load of Bull.....

Another bullfighter has been injured by a bull.

I saw it on the news, I did not take too much notice of the report, but it started a discussion with some friends of ours.

I know the guy is badly injured, and will probably be a soprano when he recovers, but I cant seem to drum up much sympathy for his plight.

For me it is not the same as other "sportsmen" getting injured or killed.
It does not seem half as tragic (family apart) as the death of Henry Surtees, and his freak accident.

Any needless loss of life is devastating, but in the case of bullfighters
the underlying thought is "comeuppance"

I think the Spanish opinion is quite divided depending on the region of Spain.

Just wondered how others felt.

JLFS
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:37 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A load of Bull.....

Originally Posted by me me
Another bullfighter has been injured by a bull.

I saw it on the news, I did not take too much notice of the report, but it started a discussion with some friends of ours.

I know the guy is badly injured, and will probably be a soprano when he recovers, but I cant seem to drum up much sympathy for his plight.

For me it is not the same as other "sportsmen" getting injured or killed.
It does not seem half as tragic (family apart) as the death of Henry Surtees, and his freak accident.

Any needless loss of life is devastating, but in the case of bullfighters
the underlying thought is "comeuppance"

I think the Spanish opinion is quite divided depending on the region of Spain.

Just wondered how others felt.

JLFS
I saw it on the news last night - called out to tell the OH & kids - a cheer went up.........................

the attitude in this house is 'good on the bull'

I feel for his family for their time of worry - but he chooses to get into the ring & bait these animals - so must be prepared to accept the risks of speaking soprano

odd that the bulls always seem to go for the cojones
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:43 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I saw it on the news last night - called out to tell the OH & kids - a cheer went up.........................

I feel for his family for their time of worry - but he chooses to get into the ring & bait these animals - so must be prepared to accept the risks of speaking soprano

They are usually the closest thing to the horn.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:47 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

You find it odd, because you have not got any (I mean in the physical sense).

Why would any self respecting bull go for any other part of the body.

If you are going to have your ears cut off and accompany chips and salad on a plate, it would be shamefull to hurt the bullfighter in the calf muscle.

Go for the crown jewells.

JLFS
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
They are usually the closest thing to the horn.
Is this a post that should be reported because of its content.....?

JLFS
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:50 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a post that should be reported because of its content.....?

JLFS
It`s all in the mind. ;-))
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:51 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good, another bullfighting thread, I love these.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
It`s all in the mind. ;-))
Yes, I know, but if you had put the word "horns" instead of "horn"..........

Admit it, jdr...................

JLFS
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:57 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

You find it odd, because you have not got any (I mean in the physical sense).

Why would any self respecting bull go for any other part of the body.

If you are going to have your ears cut off and accompany chips and salad on a plate, it would be shamefull to hurt the bullfighter in the calf muscle.

Go for the crown jewells.

JLFS
I can see that - but how do they know to aim there?

instinct?
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Oh good, another bullfighting thread, I love these.

I did not mean it to be a thread about bullfighting, (I am sure that has been discussed many, many times before.
My intention is to talk about deaths and injuries in sport.
To see if the chosen sport has anything to do with the sympathy felt for the "sportsperson" involved.

JLFS
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:02 am
Banned

I can see that - but how do they know to aim there?

instinct?
How does a dog know where to sniff????????

JLFS
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:04 am
¿Dónde estoy?

I did not mean it to be a thread about bullfighting, (I am sure that has been discussed many, many times before.
My intention is to talk about deaths and injuries in sport.
To see if the chosen sport has anything to do with the sympathy felt for the "sportsperson" involved.

JLFS
OK - much more sorry for the Espanyol footballer & his family than for Massa, than for the bullfighter

football isn't supposed to kill you

F1 carries a risk of death

bullfighting carries a greater risk of death - and is a one-on-one (eventually) fight to the death

you pays your money (or should that be get paid) & you makes your choice
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:05 am
¿Dónde estoy?

How does a dog know where to sniff????????

JLFS
oh yeah..................

more coffee required!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:07 am
Banned

As someone who often goes on about bad language, and the obseesion with body parts, I must remind you that you were the one who started with the banco jonestheme.

I was quite happy to keep it on a stricly unsmutty level, but................

JLFS
Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:11 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Have you lot got heat stroke or something?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.