Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living in Spain - the good things!

Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Spain - the good things!

Originally Posted by JLFS
Come on, finding a rotten strawberry in yer punet, does not mean that you live in a hell hole...............................

I have even found a rotten kiwi, so that must mean that I am up s**t creek without a paddle................
I was talking about an accumulation of bad experience posts that jackytoo had posted.

To be fair, most of how you see a country is about attitude. Anyone of us could make an excellent case to how Spain or the UK is the best country in the world depending on how we look at it. I am very happy to be living in Spain and so I tend to see and post positive things. Other people are not so happy so post negative things.

I guess we're just wasting our time at the end of the day. We cant convince anybody as what people experience depends entirely on their emotional well being.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:50 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
I was talking about an accumulation of bad experience posts that jackytoo had posted.

To be fair, most of how you see a country is about attitude. Anyone of us could make an excellent case to how Spain or the UK is the best country in the world depending on how we look at it. I am very happy to be living in Spain and so I tend to see and post positive things. Other people are not so happy so post negative things.

I guess we're just wasting our time at the end of the day. We cant convince anybody as what people experience depends entirely on their emotional well being.
I know that Jackytoo and I dont usually see eye to eye, but I happen to agree with Her? comment about the fruit, this happens in the UK too.

It has happened to me countless times, but should it be classed as a bad experience?

A bit like buying eggs and finding one is cracked, hardly "pasando putas".

To me it is just another event in the "script of everyday life".

Bad experiences are a differen ball game, having your wallet stolen, catching crabs (the ladilla) type. Having you car towed away and crushed. Fryer catching fire and ruining the kitchen................

Life is an obstacle course, some are big some even bigger, and some like getting a rotten bit of fruit dont even register on the bad experience scale.

Anyway the weather is a lot better, how is it in your neck of the woods today????????
Old Mar 9th 2010, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I know that Jackytoo and I dont usually see eye to eye, but I happen to agree with Her? comment about the fruit, this happens in the UK too.

It has happened to me countless times, but should it be classed as a bad experience?

A bit like buying eggs and finding one is cracked, hardly "pasando putas".

To me it is just another event in the "script of everyday life".

Bad experiences are a differen ball game, having your wallet stolen, catching crabs (the ladilla) type. Having you car towed away and crushed. Fryer catching fire and ruining the kitchen................

Life is an obstacle course, some are big some even bigger, and some like getting a rotten bit of fruit dont even register on the bad experience scale.

Anyway the weather is a lot better, how is it in your neck of the woods today????????
I guess what we learn from this is don't buy fruit in packs, go the shops or markets where you can choose each fruit individually!

However, you're right, it is much safer to talk about the weather (unless it is with casasantowhatshername), like it

The sun's come out, but there is a chilly wind. Apparently spring is arriving next week so looking forward to that
Old Mar 9th 2010, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Macman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant future

Must confess, last few weeks we have bought parsnips and sprouts from our local Aldi in the UK. They are UK grown and fantastic flavours, could not wish for better.

We are restricted here where to buy as the local greengrocers closed years ago.

In the last 12 months 3 local butchers have closed, only got one left but a good one thankfully. Had too many bad experiences with supermarket meat to want to go down that supply route.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macman
Must confess, last few weeks we have bought parsnips and sprouts from our local Aldi in the UK. They are UK grown and fantastic flavours, could not wish for better.

In the last 12 months 3 local butchers have closed, only got one left but a good one thankfully. Had too many bad experiences with supermarket meat to want to go down that supply route.
This is a problem in smaller towns , lack of choice as more and more shops go bust, I`ve never seen so many new shops open only to close 6 months later, guess they dont do any research and many set up with no business experience finananced by inheritance/loans etc.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god! Now they are arguing over the taste of food!

Is it still raining or something?
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:25 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt

not here

sunny almost everywhere today
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Probably because most of the people living there preferred to buy at the Supermarkets. If you dont support your local shops it's inevitable and they then transform into Charity Shops.

Incidentally Aldi are one of Tescos yardsticks for minimum prices they often mark their products as "the same price as Aldi". Never seem to say the same about Lidl which are, in general, even cheaper.

Mind you its amazing the people who gush about Lidl when in the UK they wouldn't have been seen dead in their shops. Must be that foreign travel broadens ones horizons.

Jim
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

There`s a higher percentage of good looking women
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Macman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant futureMacman has a brilliant future

Not trying to persuade us that frozen New Zealand lamb is as tasty as fresh UK reared are you? lol.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:22 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Not trying to persuade us that frozen New Zealand lamb is as tasty as fresh UK reared are you? lol.
Don't know, I only eat mutton and I haven't paid for any in at least 8 years....
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:44 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by lynnxa
not here

sunny almost everywhere today
Which makes you wonder why they are all sat on tinternet bickering eh?
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Which makes you wonder why they are all sat on tinternet bickering eh?
the biggest bickerers aren't in Spain

and siesta's nearly over so those that are will wake up soon
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:03 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rotor

There`s a higher percentage of good looking women
But the men are god darn ugly just like the brit men sadly....
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:27 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Spanish women are OK until their late thirties and then everything goes on their thighs and arse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.