Reload this Page >

Living in Pinoso

Living in Pinoso

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

jessi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Pinoso

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all enjoying the sun!! My husband I & our 2 year old are visting spain next week to search for a house in Pinoso. Is there anyone else who lives near or actually there it would be great to here from you. Any info about the place would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jess xxx
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Pinoso

There are some here that live in Pinoso, cos I have seen them posting about the place! We are in a village about 10k's down the road. Never found the time to truly explore the place yet, however there are a couple of english owned shops supplying english sourced foodstuffs.

There is also a carboot sale run by brits every sunday just out on the Monovar road, we had a jolly there last sunday, it passed an hour or so for us.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Paulandsusie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jessi
Hi everyone,
I hope you are all enjoying the sun!! My husband I & our 2 year old are visting spain next week to search for a house in Pinoso. Is there anyone else who lives near or actually there it would be great to here from you. Any info about the place would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jess xxx
Holo Jessi. Just come back from that area. We are looking to buy or build. Note that there is plans to build a motorway going past Pinoso. We are interested in seing a plan of the route if anyone can direct us to a link.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Paulandsusie
Holo Jessi. Just come back from that area. We are looking to buy or build. Note that there is plans to build a motorway going past Pinoso. We are interested in seing a plan of the route if anyone can direct us to a link.
Motorway near Pinoso, new one on me, There is talk about completing the ring round, which effectively will join up the Fortuna road to the Monover roundabout at Manan Cooperativa. and the Fortuna Road from Rodriguillo over to the Jumilla road junction as you come out of Pinoso but that has been on the plan for years. (and the latter is more likely as it is causing Major HGV congestion in the town, near the Sports centre and along the new urban housing main access road).

Last edited by Solarwhizz; Nov 5th 2007 at 6:04 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jessi
Hi everyone,

Thanks Jess xxx
Our vet is in Pinoso and she's great, our neighbours have a shop there, and it certainly looks a nice enough place whenever we've been.

What made you choose Pinoso?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Paulandsusie
A friend of mine came up with

A new Motorway will come from Villena (A31 I think), round the outskirts of Yecla (crossing the Yecla to Pinoso Road) and through the valley which leads to Jumilla, arriving eventually at Casas del Puerto, Jumilla (N344). Jumilla Ayuntamiento have approved there part of the works and I believe have obtained funding. There was a plan on the IU (Green Party), Jumilla website a couple of months back. It been on the cards for a while as it will divert traffic from Madrid to Murcia which currently goes all the way round, through Alicante (A31/A7). The only other road I have heard mentioned recently which is due to have an upgrade is the Pinoso to Monovar Road being widened to make it a dual carraigeway but I have not seen any official notices on that one.
I dont know of any others at the moment . There are plans in the Ayuntamiento at Jumilla, Mike
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jimc_usa will become famous soon enoughJimc_usa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
There are some here that live in Pinoso, cos I have seen them posting about the place! We are in a village about 10k's down the road. Never found the time to truly explore the place yet, however there are a couple of english owned shops supplying english sourced foodstuffs.

There is also a carboot sale run by brits every sunday just out on the Monovar road, we had a jolly there last sunday, it passed an hour or so for us.
We are going to Alicante for Christmas - is the car boot sale every week and can I get directions from downtown Alicante? Thanks
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
A friend of mine came up with

A new Motorway will come from Villena (A31 I think), round the outskirts of Yecla (crossing the Yecla to Pinoso Road) and through the valley which leads to Jumilla, arriving eventually at Casas del Puerto, Jumilla (N344). Jumilla Ayuntamiento have approved there part of the works and I believe have obtained funding. There was a plan on the IU (Green Party), Jumilla website a couple of months back. It been on the cards for a while as it will divert traffic from Madrid to Murcia which currently goes all the way round, through Alicante (A31/A7). The only other road I have heard mentioned recently which is due to have an upgrade is the Pinoso to Monovar Road being widened to make it a dual carraigeway but I have not seen any official notices on that one.
I dont know of any others at the moment . There are plans in the Ayuntamiento at Jumilla, Mike
Another question - we are staying downtown Alicante and my sister lives in Torre Del Rico near Pinosa. What is the drive like?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimc_usa
Another question - we are staying downtown Alicante and my sister lives in Torre Del Rico near Pinosa. What is the drive like?
Easy drive - something like A31 to Madrid, off around Elda, straight on to Pinoso. We're 40 minutes from Alicante airport and can do Pinoso in 20 minutes.

Don't worry about getting lost. No-one else on the road will know where they're going, so you'll be in good company!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by twyntub
Easy drive - something like A31 to Madrid, off around Elda, straight on to Pinoso. We're 40 minutes from Alicante airport and can do Pinoso in 20 minutes.

Don't worry about getting lost. No-one else on the road will know where they're going, so you'll be in good company!
Thanks - just trying to get as much information as I can before we get there.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twyntub

Come off the A31 ALC to Madrid M'Way, at Junction marked LOMA BADA, Turn left immediately you come off the slip road, down to the roundabout, and follow the signs to Monovar, at the next roundabout about follow the signs to Pinoso, at Pinoso Roundabout follow the Signs to Jumilla, Torre Del Rico is signposted on the left after about 5KM, on the Pinoso to Jumilla road.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
Come off the A31 ALC to Madrid M'Way, at Junction marked LOMA BADA, Turn left immediately you come off the slip road, down to the roundabout, and follow the signs to Monovar, at the next roundabout about follow the signs to Pinoso, at Pinoso Roundabout follow the Signs to Jumilla, Torre Del Rico is signposted on the left after about 5KM, on the Pinoso to Jumilla road.
Thank you very much