Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

living in Mijas area

living in Mijas area

Old Jun 8th 2011, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

anninspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: living in Mijas area

I am also from the Glasgow area and can tell you that there is much less crime here.
Favourite brand of T-leaves at the moment are often Romaians. With the unemployment problems some Spanish are at it too.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

forry is an unknown quantity at this point

really, when did you move to spain.
i would say glasgow has more violence than robbery etc but neither are good i suppose.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

anninspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by forry
really, when did you move to spain.
i would say glasgow has more violence than robbery etc but neither are good i suppose.
I have lived here since 2002
There is a lot less violence here and what there is is usually drugs/gang related.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, The la Cala de Mijas area is lovely, if you live in the coastal area no car is really required initially at it has a really good bus service to both fengi and marbella. There is a good selection of shops and rentals are reasonable for coastal, I was there last week and there are a few apartments for rent that you basically walk out of the door and onto the beach. How old are you children as you could end up with the beach in your house?. lol.

One thing you will have to remember is that during the summer the coastal areas get very busy but if your renting you have at least the option of moving if it does not suit you.

I live inland not far from Coin, Alhaurin el Grande which at one time did have a big expat community but has been reduced over the years with those going back. Enjoy the experience and grasp the culture, try learning at least basic Spanish it makes the whole experience better.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

forry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jay, i have been hearing a lot of good things about la cala. my daughter is 2 years old.

I think just back form the beach would be a bit quieter. i can speak basic spanish but i am learning more for going over.