Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

LIVING IN ELCHE NEAR ALICANTE - SEEKING MATES WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS AS MYSELF!

LIVING IN ELCHE NEAR ALICANTE - SEEKING MATES WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS AS MYSELF!

Old Nov 27th 2010, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Liamelche is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIVING IN ELCHE NEAR ALICANTE - SEEKING MATES WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS AS MYSELF!

Hi there. My name´s Liam. I´m 27, English (from York) and I´ve been living in Elche for about 6 or 7 months now. Doing well with the Spanish but I´m looking to meet some mates to go out drinking with in Alicante/Elche/Santa Pola (if theres anyone out there). It´s impossible to meet English speaking people here and whilst I love being in Spain and love learning Spanish it would be cool to have the choice to get away from it sometimes. I came here with my girlfriend who´s from the area and I´m teaching English. Love living here - the only thing that could make it better is a bit of banter! - I think I´m still a little lost in translation.

Anyway I´m into sports (especialy footy and rugby) and rock music, travelling and meeting new people. If your in a similar situation as me and you fancy meeting for a beer or something then give us a shout.

Thanks Liam
Old Nov 27th 2010, 10:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIVING IN ELCHE NEAR ALICANTE - SEEKING MATES WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS AS MYSELF!

I've moved you into the Spanish section so that you get more attention :-)

Welcome to the forums
Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:51 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIVING IN ELCHE NEAR ALICANTE - SEEKING MATES WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS AS MYSELF!

It´s impossible to meet English speaking people here
There are so many english in Alicante province, I find it very hard to avoid them

If you open any of the free rags you will find there are dozens of clubs you could join.

If you frequent one of the many pseudo irish pubs you will find most of the clientele are english.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 1:21 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Liam.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 8:19 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If you take either the motorway or the N332 to the south, go past Torrevieja and you come to Orihuela Costa. It’s a very British area and you will find suitable friends to engage with there.

On the N332 it’s a three mile stretch, right next to the sea, with every imaginable British attraction, from the bad to the good to the perfect, depending on what you want. Every football, rugby or cricket match will be televised in one of the large sports bars and the bigger teams have bars for their own supporters.

There is a bus service from Elche to Cartagena which stops along there, but it’s not a very regular service.