Reload this Page >

Living el campo - pumping water

Living el campo - pumping water

Old Jun 27th 2017, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

DeliveryGuyUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living el campo - pumping water

Hey All,
My parents have recently bought some land near Caspe, Aragon region. They have 4 x 1000L water containers, which they use for everything except drinking. (No mains water).

They are attempting to get a washing machine working so they bought a standard household washing machine. They ran a pipe from the 1000L container, to a shurflo 45psi 10.6l/m pump. Then the washing machine inlet pipe is connected to the output of the pump.

When they turn on the washing machine, the machine makes a noise like it's sucking in water for about 10 seconds and stops. It then stops and eventually all the lights flash.

If you pour water in to the drawer of the washing machine - it starts the cycle but then stops.

Has anyone been through the same thing? Does anyone else live on the land and use a washing machine?

I don't think the 45psi 10.6l/m pump is enough. My mum and stepdad think it's the computer in the machine.

Any ideas?
Old Jun 27th 2017, 2:59 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living el campo - pumping water

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 27th 2017, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Our mains pressure can get really low, but the washing machine always works!There again, because of the cal in the water we never buy an expensive one anyway! Computer? That wasn't a cheapy then!
With respect, are they SURE the outlet side of the pump is connected to the inlet for the machine? Once the pressure switch is opened by the controller, it should go.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

FranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond repute

I have 1000 ltr tank for the house, and a separate smaller tank for the washing machine. We have a pump for the house, but not for the washing machine. The smaller tank is on the roof of a single storey outbuilding, and the machine sits against the wall of the outbuilding below it. It does fill very,very slowly, but works fine. Perhaps you just don't need the pump?
Old Jun 28th 2017, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Take your time to read through this link. The answer could well be there. The simplest answer could be just to buy a good quality older washing machine.