Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living the DREAM?

Living the DREAM?

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Default Re: Living the DREAM?

Originally Posted by Big Pete
yep i think your right
If its bad to start or not 100% then when money probs start thats the end for sure .. plus the stress and a new country tips them over the edge maybe .
OH the joys of staying single ..
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

helen17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Things always have a way of sorting themselves out and one by one I will get there. Sun is shining again, pool is getting warmer, job on the horizon, who knows, tomorrow may bring some answers!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Originally Posted by helen17
With out asking your accountant is there a way of finding out on the internet what the different rates for the autonamo jobs are?
Sorry I didn't reply

Just go into your local hacienda office and they will have the paperwork on the different scales for Autonomo,best lof luck
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:34 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol
OH the joys of staying single ..
Not so good on a cold winters evening !!
When the heatings on the blink and your in that bed alone , and you get them urges you know the one ? yep you need that cuppa tea !
We just nudge the mrs and get her to make it while we stay in the warm right !!

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by helen17
With out asking your accountant is there a way of finding out on the internet what the different rates for the autonomo jobs are?
There is a lot of information about social security payments on the INSS web site:

http://www.seg-social.es/inicio/?MIv...&LANG=1&ID=753

http://www.seg-social.es/inicio/?MIv...&LANG=1&ID=747

http://www.seg-social.es/inicio/?MIv...ANG=1&ID=36537

I think you will need to go to INSS rather than AEAT if you want to ask personally about social security payments for the self employed.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Not so good on a cold winters evening !!
When the heatings on the blink and your in that bed alone , and you get them urges you know the one ? yep you need that cuppa tea !
We just nudge the mrs and get her to make it while we stay in the warm right !!

you forget the slice o toast
Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:56 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
you forget the slice o toast
For better or worse on my UK accountants advice - I came live here but work for my UK company, so I still pay UK taxes - my clients are uk, I get paid in pounds and work (most of the time) from a sunny villa, on a laptop in Blanca - I still think something will sting me later though - Before I moved out here I read a book on Working and Living In Spain and it put me right off setting up a Spanisg Company - I think the figure quoted was about 70% of applicants.potential autonomos give up because of the horrendous red-tape and that the NI was about 250 Euros p.m. whether you earned anything or not!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:06 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
For better or worse on my UK accountants advice - I came live here but work for my UK company, so I still pay UK taxes - my clients are uk, I get paid in pounds and work (most of the time) from a sunny villa, on a laptop in Blanca - I still think something will sting me later though - Before I moved out here I read a book on Working and Living In Spain and it put me right off setting up a Spanisg Company - I think the figure quoted was about 70% of applicants.potential autonomos give up because of the horrendous red-tape and that the NI was about 250 Euros p.m. whether you earned anything or not!

Correct on the NI, but because you live here you should be paying your taxes in Spain. If they catch up with you it will take some sorting out Then you will have the problem of re claiming your UK taxes, as initially you may end up paying both here and there!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:33 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Correct on the NI, but because you live here you should be paying your taxes in Spain. If they catch up with you it will take some sorting out Then you will have the problem of re claiming your UK taxes, as initially you may end up paying both here and there!
If you are resident here then you pay your NI here as well, my husband is paye employed by a UK company but has been told that he must pay his NI here, we are still trying to find a means of paying it here, (without going down the self employed route) when employed by a UK company. Over the last year many letters have been going back and forth between us,the Social Security head office in Madrid and Newcastle with still no final result!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:54 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

OK, My accountant says he did extensive research about tax & NI as I wanted to do it all legal. His brother (also an accountant) used to work in Spain and Switzerland and chipped in with advice, We completed all the Inland Revenue Forms, they know where I am and I still get letters from them to my Spanish Address - no-one yet (official) has said I am doing anything wrong - as the moment 'I am working and living here' (non-resident) so not entitled to any benefits in Spain - I have to have private medical insurance (paid for by my company) I guess the thing that will grate me the most is if I go back to blightly and find I loose UK benefits (e.g. NHS) ... but I will ask my accountant to re-check/clarify my position - cos I hate red-tape !!!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

OK, My accountant says he did extensive research about tax & NI as I wanted to do it all legal. His brother (also an accountant) used to work in Spain and Switzerland and chipped in with advice, We completed all the Inland Revenue Forms, they know where I am and I still get letters from them to my Spanish Address - no-one yet (official) has said I am doing anything wrong - as the moment 'I am working and living here' (non-resident) so not entitled to any benefits in Spain - I have to have private medical insurance (paid for by my company) I guess the thing that will grate me the most is if I go back to blightly and find I loose UK benefits (e.g. NHS) ... but I will ask my accountant to re-check/clarify my position - cos I hate red-tape !!!!

Thats maybe because your people are communicating with the British HMRC who of course are quite happy to take your money and presumably have limited knowledge of the Spanish Tax system.... should you write a letter to the Spanish Revenue services seeking clarification they will also be happy to take your money Maybe its different with self employment, but as far as revenues are concerned, my revenues also come from the UK but they are taxed in my country of domicile, i.e. Spain and I am zero rated for tax in the UK.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:15 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Thats maybe because your people are communicating with the British HMRC who of course are quite happy to take your money and presumably have limited knowledge of the Spanish Tax system.... should you write a letter to the Spanish Revenue services seeking clarification they will also be happy to take your money Maybe its different with self employment, but as far as revenues are concerned, my revenues also come from the UK but they are taxed in my country of domicile, i.e. Spain and I am zero rated for tax in the UK.
Interesting... does make any difference that all my clients pay into a UK bank do you think? My 'salary and drawings' are mine and taxed at the year end so I dispose of these as I wish (i.e. here in Spain). I also return to UK a few time a year but I guess I am domiciled here.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:16 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

Interesting... does make any difference that all my clients pay into a UK bank do you think? My 'salary and drawings' are mine and taxed at the year end so I dispose of these as I wish (i.e. here in Spain). I also return to UK a few time a year but I guess I am domiciled here.
Maybe this should be a different thread - I may post it elsewhere to get other feedback
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:49 pm
Senior Moment

Maybe this should be a different thread - I may post it elsewhere to get other feedback

Good idea ...... no it doesn't make any difference as to where the money is paid .... as I said, your worldwide income is taxed ... and if you are a resident here you are also subject to wealth tax which is a tax on the value of your worldwide assets.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
There is a lot of information about social security payments on the INSS web site:

http://www.seg-social.es/inicio/?MIv...&LANG=1&ID=753

http://www.seg-social.es/inicio/?MIv...&LANG=1&ID=747

http://www.seg-social.es/inicio/?MIv...ANG=1&ID=36537

I think you will need to go to INSS rather than AEAT if you want to ask personally about social security payments for the self employed.
Hi Beachcomber,

I went into the Hacienda office where I lived and worked at the time whicch was Marbella, and in those day's they gave me the information this was 1989, probably changed these day's but they were very helpful to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.