Living costs?

Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living costs?

Originally Posted by adra04778
What did we say !!!!!
New posters are often feeling their way. They don't know the older posters on here, and maybe can be a little sensitive until they settle in. Unfortunately some on here don't take that into account and that's why we sometimes lose new posters for the wrong reasons.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Living costs?

Originally Posted by Mixer
Please can I make it plain that I don't care if it is cheaper or more expensive in the Canaries. I am simply trying to work out if we can afford to live there, based on what we will be earning in Euros. I know what we will be earning in Euros, therefore all I need to know is how much things cost.

I never asked if it was cheaper!! When I stated what we pay in the UK for council tax etc, I did so because I was hoping that someone in the Canaries/Spain could do the same for me in return.
Ok, seen as though you appear to be a straight shooter.
  1. Do not treat Euros any different to Pounds ( If you are considering moving on the back of an exchange rate - It's for the wrong reasons )
  2. Shave a little off to what your outgoings are now in the UK, because what you save in some areas in the UK, you will pay for more in the area of your interest.
  3. A forum should only be one of many areas you need to pool from, so don't be annoyed with the answers or incorrect data.
  4. Be sure to write another post as to your progress, as the Seniors on 'here' like feedback just as much as 'you' do.
DSB.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
New posters are often feeling their way. They don't know the older posters on here, and maybe can be a little sensitive until they settle in. Unfortunately some on here don't take that into account and that's why we sometimes lose new posters for the wrong reasons.
Some seem to enjoy being nasty and difficult just for the fun of it and this is surely not what a forum like this is supposed to be about. People should feel free to ask a question without being talked down to or ridiculed. Many members only read the forum and do not actually take part and this maybe because they do not like to put themselves in the firing line.

I know some say that all forums are like this but we read the Italian part of BE and find them to be a very friendly and helpful group of people and are not nasty and disruptive. So how come the Spain forum has so many awkward, disruptive people on it. Is it because their lives are not as good as they thought it would be or because they have nothing better to do with their time?

Rosemary
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: Living costs?

Originally Posted by The Oddities
So how come the Spain forum has so many awkward, disruptive people on it. Is it because their lives are not as good as they thought it would be or because they have nothing better to do with their time?

Rosemary
Probably so Rosemary, TBH.

Also, a lot of high post members have since left Spain and are back to the UK and or other Countries. They still are willing to share their vast knowledge, although, I have found them to be jaded in their opinions.

Sometimes, quite rightly too.
All in all, I have found this Forum very helpful.

I too have found certain People on this Forum very awkward to deal with, in that they would never talk to you in that tone of ink; Face to Face. Yet again, I too at times have been flippant.

Bottom Line - This Forum is free, invaluable, and more often than not far more people-productive than any Newspaper or News Channel I care to mention.

Scour the posts back into, say '99 or 2002, I bet the cheers were more plentiful back then....

Money Money Money ; It's so funny
DSB.

Last edited by bealerDSB; Mar 13th 2011 at 9:51 am.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:59 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, lets keep on topic. Suffice it to say that going back three or four years we used to have a laugh and it was all in good fun. Now, it's a different place.

Anyway, back on track please