Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living on campsites

Living on campsites

Old May 28th 2011, 11:33 am
Just Joined

cavenham1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living on campsites

Hi new to this forum, do any people live in static vans in spain? If so where abouts are the sites situated?
Are any members here currently living in a static van?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Mark

Last edited by cavenham1; May 28th 2011 at 11:39 am.
Old May 28th 2011, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all
Default Re: Living on campsites

There are a lot of static sites in Spain. There is one close to us in Mollina, mainly inhabited by Brits.
Old May 28th 2011, 11:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

There are a lot of static sites throughout Spain, did you have a specific area in mind?

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old May 28th 2011, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome concierge, i will try to find the " new member says "hi" " section and post an introduction in there.

I am thinking about coming over to spain working (im not looking for employment).

I will be travelling from region to region, so am not area specific. In the uk there are areas which have a high density of static caravan parks, i am looking for similar in Spain ie more a region than a specific town.

Thanks for your offer of help , and replies recieved so far.

Mark
Old May 28th 2011, 1:18 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cavenham1
Thanks for the welcome concierge, i will try to find the " new member says "hi" " section and post an introduction in there.

I am thinking about coming over to spain working (im not looking for employment).

I will be travelling from region to region, so am not area specific. In the uk there are areas which have a high density of static caravan parks, i am looking for similar in Spain ie more a region than a specific town.

Thanks for your offer of help , and replies recieved so far.

Mark
they are all up & down the coast - we have one in our town -I know quite a few people who live there & they love it!

I'd venture to say that there is a good chance of there being a static van site in most resort type towns!
Old May 28th 2011, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

Quick google found this

http://www.hotspotz.eu/spain/index.htm

Another

http://costablanca.angloinfo.com/af/...van-parks.html

Hope this indicates there are a number in Spain and at a guess there will be hundreds more.

Old May 28th 2011, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Strangely I've never seen a static caravan park........ (well not outside of the UK - I did live in Norfolk!)
Old May 28th 2011, 6:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Strangely I've never seen a static caravan park........ (well not outside of the UK - I did live in Norfolk!)
Nor have I.
Old May 28th 2011, 9:45 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cavenham1
Hi new to this forum, do any people live in static vans in spain? If so where abouts are the sites situated?
Are any members here currently living in a static van?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Mark
Look around, some are great others are crammed in like sardines
Old May 29th 2011, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Look around, some are great others are crammed in like sardines
Do they have static caravans on or tourers though??
Old May 29th 2011, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

linjon is an unknown quantity at this point

I can only tell you about sites in the Costa Blanca. Benidorm area has lots of caravan sites, mainly "statics" though often these are tourers that have been extended with permanent awnings etc and lived in all year. Some sites have chalet type statics that the owners have bought, often through the campsite and had sited there for permanent living, although I am not 100% sure this is strictly legal, in UK you can only live 10 months on site but not sure here.

Most people seem to love it, though now the economic crisis has hit hard, many are struggling to manage to pay the ground rent (around 3500 - 5000 euros a year in this area). Electricity is charged on top and at a much higher rate than the electricity company Iberdrola.

I dont know if you are looking to buy or rent on site, if buying, it is very rare to get a contract so you have no rights if the site decides to tell you to leave or increases the ground rent drastically.

If renting, this can be a problem as many sites do not allow owners to rent out statics except to family and then will charge a nightly fee even if the owners are staying there with their family!

Most sites will also have tourers section which is very busy over the winter months, quiet in the summer.

Hope this is useful information.
Old May 29th 2011, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=linjon;9395607]I can only tell you about sites in the Costa Blanca. Benidorm area has lots of caravan sites, mainly "statics" though often these are tourers that have been extended with permanent awnings etc and lived in all year. Some sites have chalet type statics that the owners have bought, often through the campsite and had sited there for permanent living, although I am not 100% sure this is strictly legal, in UK you can only live 10 months on site but not sure here.

Most people seem to love it, though now the economic crisis has hit hard, many are struggling to manage to pay the ground rent (around 3500 - 5000 euros a year in this area). Electricity is charged on top and at a much higher rate than the electricity company Iberdrola.

I dont know if you are looking to buy or rent on site, if buying, it is very rare to get a contract so you have no rights if the site decides to tell you to leave or increases the ground rent drastically.

If renting, this can be a problem as many sites do not allow owners to rent out statics except to family and then will charge a nightly fee even if the owners are staying there with their family!

Most sites will also have tourers section which is very busy over the winter months, quiet in the summer.

Hope this is useful information. [/QUOTE/]

Thanks very much for that information

Last edited by cavenham1; May 29th 2011 at 5:05 pm. Reason: Use of caps