Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living on a budget

Living on a budget

Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Living on a budget

Originally Posted by rogerb
Can you explain to me how paying out 36000E + 93E/month gives you "free" golf ???

Is it like saying you have saved 200Euros at the sales, by spending 500?
Not really, I bought a share in my golf club for 25,000€ (19,000€ for the member who sold it and 6,000€ transfer charge to the club) The current market rate is 36,000€ - if you can get one - as there were only so many issued - about 2,000 I believe at my club. So I could sell mine to someone on the waiting list for 36,000€ of which 6,000€ would go to the club. I therefore would have a net profit of 5,000€. As I've only paid just over 2,000€ in annual membership fees, on paper I've been paid nearly 3.000€ to belong to the club.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

rogerb will become famous soon enough

Nor do I, Tricia

However it is somewhat academic in my case as I don't have 36000 to invest
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:51 pm
Banned

All New is an unknown quantity at this point

Nor do I, Tricia

I play golf, six times club major club compition champion.

From this forum.

I will pay n play or you can invite me I won't let you down.

Golf investment is what?

I keep reading the latter of this thread, but I can't work it out!!

I am sure that golf investment long term can only be bad.

property can only be good!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Nor do I, Tricia

Well you're not alone on that one
Just asked my husband about this and with the other post, have just about worked out how it works but even if I had the money not sure I would risk it.
Apparantly it is called a 'debenture' over here and my husband knows someone who paid £12,000 for one and had to sell recently for a couple of thousand.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tricia
Apparantly it is called a 'debenture' over here and my husband knows someone who paid £12,000 for one and had to sell recently for a couple of thousand.
Some clubs offer a 'right to play' debenture for a set period, maybe ten years. As time goes on the value will decrease. Perhaps that person had one of those?
Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

rogerb will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by derek500
Not really, I bought a share in my golf club for 25,000€ (19,000€ for the member who sold it and 6,000€ transfer charge to the club) The current market rate is 36,000€ - if you can get one - as there were only so many issued - about 2,000 I believe at my club. So I could sell mine to someone on the waiting list for 36,000€ of which 6,000€ would go to the club. I therefore would have a net profit of 5,000€. As I've only paid just over 2,000€ in annual membership fees, on paper I've been paid nearly 3.000€ to belong to the club.
Ah, now I see, thanks
Of course it's only worth 36k if you can actually get someone to pay that much
Old Oct 14th 2005, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah, now I see, thanks
Of course it's only worth 36k if you can actually get someone to pay that much
Latest price 42,000€ and long waiting list.