Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Live in Spain & School for children in Gibraltar

Live in Spain & School for children in Gibraltar

Old Sep 20th 2004, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

mancini355 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Live in Spain & School for children in Gibraltar

Am seriously thing of a move to Spain next year after the kids finish the school year. I want to keep the kids in an english school system but cannot afford the International schools. My other option is putting the kids i school in Gibraltar and living across the border in Spain. I have been told that a lot of people are doing this. Has anyone got any experience of this.

Neil
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live in Spain & School for children in Gibraltar

Originally Posted by i say so
La Linea de la Concepcion which is the next city to Gibraltar is a very nice city and one of the little ones which have two different seas

gibraltar on the other hand is well overcrowded so I am not that sure that would be space for any more childrens. Specially if as you say many are taking this route

However, what is wrong with our schools and teachers?, are they no good enough for you?

I know both Gibraltar and La Linea (and all places around) like the palm of my hand.

What do you exactly want/need to know?
I could even, perhaps (not jocking here) find you accommodation much cheaper than if you were to rent out of a spanish forgneir person

probably thinking that his children dont speak spanish well enough to go to a spanish school ?
Old Feb 25th 2005, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live in Spain & School for children in Gibraltar

Originally Posted by i say so
Fair enough

The good news for him is that in Gibraltar they speak 50-50 spanish and english. We call it spanglish, so by being in gibraltar their childrens will be learning spanish as well

Like I say, if he needs some specific information probably 2day is his lucky day. fire away
cool, yeah.. dude.. ask some questions we are here to answer you