Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A little translation help from Spanish speakers please?

A little translation help from Spanish speakers please?

Old Jul 16th 2009, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of
Default A little translation help from Spanish speakers please?

Sorry about this, I don't have time to go out and ask and I'm just putting some text together for some signage.
I want to be able to say 'Children's play area' on a sign, so far I've got 'Zona de recreo para niños' but I need to be sure, can't have people laughing at me can we?

I normally get translations done from a friend but I can't at the moment and I promise I won't make a habit of bothering this forum with translation requests.

Thanks in advance,

Ste.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A little translation help from Spanish speakers please?

Seems fine.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Since I don't have kids I rarely notice such things, but I have a feeling that the norm is for infantil, rather than de niños.

Zona infantil, or Parque infantil.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 2:11 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
Since I don't have kids I rarely notice such things, but I have a feeling that the norm is for infantil, rather than de niños.

Zona infantil, or Parque infantil.
that would be right - usually with the upper & lower age limits, too
Old Jul 16th 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Zona infantil it is then.
Thought my effort seemed a bit too wordy.

Thanks peeps, I owe you a beer!

Ste.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 4:09 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Splatt
Zona infantil it is then.
Thought my effort seemed a bit too wordy.

Thanks peeps, I owe you a beer!

Ste.
Yes, round here they also put the age limits, seems the ones for smaller children is from 3 to 7 years.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 5:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Yes, round here they also put the age limits, seems the ones for smaller children is from 3 to 7 years.
They put the ages on the playground stuff here too, so I have to sit and watch the grandkids.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
They put the ages on the playground stuff here too, so I have to sit and watch the grandkids.
I would complain to the townhall if I were you