Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Little dog , in Andalucia

Little dog , in Andalucia

Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Little dog , in Andalucia

Hi all & everyone , thanxxxx a ton for your help so far !
Tomorrow early ,
I live strikes' and protests'-ridden corrupt Capital of Europe ,
to spend the week in Malaga to Nerja areas ( mostly , anyway ) ;
this is the 1st time ever that we'll have the family pet with us in Spain ;
the vet swears all is O.K. with our dog's EU-passport , vaccinations etc ;
have already also bought the recommended Bayer Advantix mosquito-repellent ( 20 Euro-buxxx +++ , what a rip-off ? )
I am aware of some threads , about dogs in cars and on the beaches etc...
Would anyone be good enough and help with some explicit
" do's and Don'ts " , as to help with the dreaded inexperience with this matter...
( In most of Belgium and/or France , dogs freely mess all the pavements and parks , can be left alone in parked cars , are allowed on beaches and are welcome into hotels , restaurants and bars and mostly : everywhere - but I realise that different rules might prevail in sunny Axarquia ...)
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Little dog , in Andalucia

Originally Posted by Ray51 View Post
Hi all & everyone , thanxxxx a ton for your help so far !
Tomorrow early ,
I live strikes' and protests'-ridden corrupt Capital of Europe ,
to spend the week in Malaga to Nerja areas ( mostly , anyway ) ;
this is the 1st time ever that we'll have the family pet with us in Spain ;
the vet swears all is O.K. with our dog's EU-passport , vaccinations etc ;
have already also bought the recommended Bayer Advantix mosquito-repellent ( 20 Euro-buxxx +++ , what a rip-off ? )
I am aware of some threads , about dogs in cars and on the beaches etc...
Would anyone be good enough and help with some explicit
" do's and Don'ts " , as to help with the dreaded inexperience with this matter...
( In most of Belgium and/or France , dogs freely mess all the pavements and parks , can be left alone in parked cars , are allowed on beaches and are welcome into hotels , restaurants and bars and mostly : everywhere - but I realise that different rules might prevail in sunny Axarquia ...)
Most of the beaches around here are no dogs allowed on penalty of big fines.
No one in their right mind would leave a dog in a car in 30c+ heat.
I think the only country that worries about pet passports is the UK border crossings.
Dogs are allowed in restaurants, as long as they are accompanied by a human. ;-))
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:14 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr View Post
Most of the beaches around here are no dogs allowed on penalty of big fines.
No one in their right mind would leave a dog in a car in 30c+ heat.
I think the only country that worries about pet passports is the UK border crossings.
Dogs are allowed in restaurants, as long as they are accompanied by a human. ;-))
You mean they arent allowed to book a table and have a meal with their bitch?

Thats disgusting!!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:14 pm
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jdr View Post
Yeah, if they're guide dogs, otherwise sanitary codes are being violated. Occasionally you see them outside on the terrace but never inside, and certainly not dining.

Last edited by bokeh; Jun 18th 2008 at 2:19 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:52 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Same Difference View Post
You mean they arent allowed to book a table and have a meal with their bitch?

Thats disgusting!!
Should that be doggusting
Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Also remember dogs should be restrained in vehicles in Spain
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Thanks , all !
Got it , let's see how we get on , from tomorrow !
Cheers
R.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:07 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crispy View Post
Should that be doggusting
That joke was a bit woof!!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:20 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Thanks , all !
Got it , let's see how we get on , from tomorrow !
Cheers
R.
Good luck Ray, hope you and Mrs Ray have a great time. I know you will but just make sure you have pleanty of water on board enough for all three of you.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks ,
what was that about "plenty of water" , then ?
Sorry , as usually , I get a bit lost....
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

kayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nice

I think the suggestion was that as its very hot here and starting to get humid, you will all, particularly the dog, need to increase your intake of water.

Please, please do not leave your dog in the car, even in the shade, in Spain at this time of year. Even for 10 mins. I'm sure that you don't need to be told that, but some people who are not used to the temperatures just don't realise how quickly it can become dangerously hot in cars leading to extreme distress for animals.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:19 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

This is the only way a dog is served in the restaurants I frequent

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 6:40 am.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:48 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it is the law, but it is certainly very socially aware to clean any doggy poop up into a plastic bag and put it into a litter bin ot take it home with you. Some of the pavements here are disgusting with dog crap
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ,
what was that about "plenty of water" , then ?
Sorry , as usually , I get a bit lost....
You just need to remember to ask the following tongue twister!

"Quiero agua, pero no es para mi, es para mi perro!"
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muchas Gracias , a Todos !
As it happened :
went to the Bru-Airport in time , got there in time , through some murderous traffic , parked in the long-term garage eventually , walked a few miles , got into the airport building , which was packed to madness , checked myself and the dog "in" , paid all the extras , got the boarding pass etc.
There was 30-40 minutes to go , before going into departure lounge ; so , I took the doggie into fresh air for a little walkie and fed it , a bit ;
returned to check in , only to find that the dog's passport had gone AWOL ;
so , I missed my flight !
Seeing the vet later this p.m. , to try and arrange a new passport !
Hell hath no fury , like myself , on this messed-up afternoon !
Now I better ring the car hire firm ...and the rest...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.