Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

On line selling

On line selling

Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On line selling

[QUOTE=The Capitans Wench;9311069]
Originally Posted by AdrianTO

So 1) You have a website. Yes

2) You want to use your existing website to try and sell some of your products. NO as said not sure I want to confuse the issue by having some things for sale but NOT what is already on there... photographs.

3) You want to use Paypal or Google Checkout so that people can pay you. I need to use something, these seem to be the popular options.

4) And you want to know how to make it work? I think this cold has fogged my brain and I am not making myself understood.

As I said I am looking for places to put a few handmade items up for sale. I have looked at Esty, mostly American sellers it seemed. Folksy is UK only and they are keeping that way, I have enquired. I buy on E Bay so that is also an option BUT

I was asking if anyone knew of other websites to look at, It has been suggested elsewhere Blogger but it comes up in Spanish and I want English. Also Big Cartel was mentioned I will look at that today.
I'm a bit loth to use the word, because I remember you having a wee 'rant' about it., but Facebook is quite useful for getting word out about your work. and finding how others are selling theirs.
You know my name... But you'd need to use the miniatures one. You can find me on facebook and look through my (so called) friends;-) Ask the interesting ones to be your friends too and start there. Many of them are crafters. many sell some buy, all share info much more liberally and gently than this lot !That's a joke BTW. I've had loads of help on here with my Spanish life questions and only a few negatives. But the craft world is 99% very kind. Photos are easy to upload with the simple uploader and you can get chatting with people all over the world who are selling online through various different methods. Or you can just read their pages and see how they are selling. Many use Etsy, ebay, loads more I can't remember deviantart is one I just came upon because someone told me a copyist was using my photos. Often a problem. Just one warning. Create a different email account to service any business facebook page as you'll get loads of uninteresting twaddle you don't want to trawl through!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:09 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Would anyone mess around buying cards on the internet Lots of handmade cards everywhere you go.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 8:44 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Would anyone mess around buying cards on the internet Lots of handmade cards everywhere you go.
Come and live where I live and show me please. A few Spanish cards in carrefour sums it up.
Why do so many people on here think that the rest of Spain is like their area.

Graham

Last edited by Rosemary; Apr 18th 2011 at 8:50 am.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I'm not sure you looked at OP's work. It isn't really 'cards'. I think her work would sell very well to people planning a wedding for example. I agree there are a lot of card makers around in England...but as Rosemary said Spain is quite a different matter. You can't but a nice card around here. And, even though I'm crafty myself. I'd buy handmade cards if I could. However, selling online is a different matter, & if it were only 'cards' yes, the market is a bit saturated. But the market is now saturated in what I do. But the best will always sell.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Coming late to an over saturated market is never a good idea. here I do not see and have not talked to any one who is making my type of goods.

To be successful is to be amongst the first No further comment

Whilst your stuff looks well made you havnt mentioned price which is crucial. My stuff as you call it has a price I had no need to post it here.

The cost of postage from Spain is high and puts people off. yes it is expensive to post from here in relation to some countries.

Ebay is probably the best way to sell online as has offers the best exposure. Thank you

Paypal is the best way to take online payment in as much as it is well known and well established..
Thank you again and for your time and effort.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Can I ask whether you are looking at this as a way of making money and therefore making ends meet or a way of sustaining a hobby that interests you? I know from experience that often we love making something and run out of who we can make them for and the hobby unfortunately then has to be shelved. Although there are many people making cards etc they are probably totally different from yours so therefore it is worth giving it a go and enjoy what you are doing.

There is a woman called Claire living in Malaga (I think) that makes earrings and bracelets etc from Fimo and sell them via e-bay and etsy as far as I know.

Postage is always an issue but if people really want something they will be willing to pay the going rate. Obviously the price of the item is also relevant.

Hope you discover the answers and good luck on what you decide to do.

Rosemary
Thank you for your reply. I am not looking at a business just a few items to offer for sale and see if it sells. I dont make cards. Thank you Rosemary.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

I am making memory books not cards. I started after my husbands death as a way to put together our travels and our time together. It is not important if they sell or not I was simply asking for website names similar to those in orginal post, it is worth a try.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:38 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I would definitely join some craft forums and gain advice on where things are selling successfully. They are great places to be and very, very friendly. Memory albums are popular, people appreciate the fact that they are not just places to put your photos but help to tell a story of events.

Good luck with your endeavours, would love to know how you get on. Do not think that I can be of much help to you but PM me if you think that I can or to use me as a sounding board.

Rosemary
Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

dawoodasad17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how can i design my own website free ?

dear friend
i am new on internet want some help
i visit a website sleek sight dot com its provied me free website but i don't
know to make a designing can any one tell how i can make a free website update and
designing i am very thankful to u for your convinece
Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:53 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angiescarr
I'm not sure you looked at OP's work. It isn't really 'cards'. I think her work would sell very well to people planning a wedding for example. I agree there are a lot of card makers around in England...but as Rosemary said Spain is quite a different matter. You can't but a nice card around here. And, even though I'm crafty myself. I'd buy handmade cards if I could. However, selling online is a different matter, & if it were only 'cards' yes, the market is a bit saturated. But the market is now saturated in what I do. But the best will always sell.
What´s the website address?
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jur
What´s the website address?
Capitans Wench has put a few photo´s in the BE gallery.

Rosemary
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:11 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Capitans Wench has put a few photo´s in the BE gallery.

Rosemary
Yes. I´ve seen them, thanks. But I wanted to see the website as well, she wrote she has one.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:18 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I want to test the market with a few handmade items. I know of E Bay, Etsy, Folksy and a few others. I have a website and could do a plug in PayPal or Google Cart but have no idea where to find the info on it and not sure I want to tie the two just yet.

I am looking for any ideas thanks
You can also offer a Cash on Delivery service when you sent a card/book. It´s called Contra Reembolso, info at the Correos. The receiver pays upon receiving you package and within a few days you can pick up the money at your postoffice. It save a lot of hassle and you don´t have to pay commisions to Paypal or Ebay.

Facebook is good for networking and also go to the markets (arts&crafts, 2nd hand, antiques) with your product. Even if you don´t sell it´s cheap publicity. (Get some business cards made to hand out at for example Vistaprint.com)
Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jur
You can also offer a Cash on Delivery service when you sent a card/book. It´s called Contra Reembolso, info at the Correos. The receiver pays upon receiving you package and within a few days you can pick up the money at your postoffice. It save a lot of hassle and you don´t have to pay commisions to Paypal or Ebay.

Facebook is good for networking and also go to the markets (arts&crafts, 2nd hand, antiques) with your product. Even if you don´t sell it´s cheap publicity. (Get some business cards made to hand out at for example Vistaprint.com)
Jur, I for one would be interested to learn more about 'contra reembolso'. How does it work in practise. Have you used it?
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rosemary .. yes I will look at the forums and see which ones are most often used and useful for my items.

Jur, thanks for info on C.O.D service did not know about that.
My website had NO craft items on it only photos www.valspages.com

Angie hahaha facebook no comment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.