Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Life without music.

Life without music.

Old Jul 26th 2013, 8:30 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life without music.

Originally Posted by HBG
I prefer beer to wine, but I love this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boWM7zvmvcM
Ha ha, I knew what was coming there.
A great old favourite.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 8:44 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a classic from way back when mini skirts, better known as f@nny pelmets, were at their height.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE

I so nearly had a bad mishap this morning.
Normally I never ever allow myself to be distracted from the road when driving, other than a very swift glance.
However a certain lovely mini skirted young lady caught my eye to such an extent this morning that I just couldn't resist a second look.
Phew, very close shave with a vehicle coming towards me.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 8:56 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Here's a classic from way back when mini skirts, better known as f@nny pelmets, were at their height.

Normally I never ever allow myself to be distracted from the road when driving, other than a very swift glance.
However a certain lovely mini skirted young lady caught my eye to such an extent this morning that I just couldn't resist a second look.
You must have had more than just a glance if you could see that...
Old Jul 26th 2013, 9:08 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

I was driving down Homerton Road in Hackney one hot summer day, with my wife's words ringing in my ear. I was on my last warning. As I was driving along the place seemed to be full of young ladies in impossibly tight mini skirts.

This lot was playing at the Tottenham Royal at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoRLIJJSG4o
Old Jul 26th 2013, 9:19 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by HBG
I was driving down Homerton Road in Hackney one hot summer day, with my wife's words ringing in my ear. I was on my last warning. As I was driving along the place seemed to be full of young ladies in impossibly tight mini skirts.

This lot was playing at the Tottenham Royal at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoRLIJJSG4o
Yet another great band from the same era.

I recall thinking at the time, it was all too good to last.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 9:16 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Peace to the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuhKE1XkGK8
Old Jul 27th 2013, 9:36 pm
On the road again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6dx8AfTmQk
Old Jul 27th 2013, 9:59 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The 60s, when I grew up. Or did I? Listening to the short extracts from the 30 songs it now seems that most of the singers were spaced out when they sang their songs. Was everyone spaced out in the sixties?

I can't remember. I did swallow some purple pills, shaped like hearts, that only kept me awake when I wanted to sleep, and rolled some cigarettes with bird seed that made all women look like Marilyn Monroe.

There was no harm done as far as I know, it was a decade of peace and people sticking flowers in their hair. The flowers seemed to go along with halitosis, I still keep away from ladies with long skirts and bad breath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfzjGSRaBE4
Old Jul 27th 2013, 10:43 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I sometimes sit back and wonder why I never got into this music. I listen to it very occasionally but it doesn't do much for me, however hard I try.

I've reached the conclusion that I'm just a pleb, an ununderstanding thicko. I'm not even sad about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjWpSfkLyQc
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:58 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

My granddaughter is 15 months and loves music, she taps on the bongos and dances and watches my husband playing guitar and plucks at the strings. When he played the sax she was spellbound and shouted "more" I really hope she keeps up the interest and become a musician
Old Aug 1st 2013, 6:54 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In view of some misunderstanding elsewhere, I feel justified in posting this one. The guy is practically a neighbour of mine. He wasn't 40 years ago when we were both a lot younger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6whQ5otGo8o
Old Aug 1st 2013, 7:16 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In my growing years up north, the girls would be on one side and the drunken suitors on the other. The girls danced among themselves while the heroes sipped from their hidden drinks to work up their courage.

When the last dance was played there would be a mad rush across the dance hall to grab a lady. The ladies would judge the suitor's drunkenness and refuse if it was over the top.

The drunken refusee would say, 'What do you expect for half-a-crown, Tony Curtis?'

This was always the finishing song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-XQ26KePUQ
Old Aug 1st 2013, 9:01 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gDlYKrkQK8
Old Aug 1st 2013, 10:26 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I look in here once a week to see if any music has been posted.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:50 pm
On the road again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlE8CDPjFSA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.