Reload this Page >

Life insurance needed for mortgage

Life insurance needed for mortgage

Old Jun 5th 2014, 6:32 am
Just Joined

EmmaatCondor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life insurance needed for mortgage

Morning all,

Does anyone know of a Spanish insurance company that will insurance a non-resident for the life insurance needed for a mortgage....

MY OH has a mortgage with Barclays......has had now for 7 years.....we have recently discovered that his paperwork is all over the place and some places have him down as a resident when he isn't....he is a resident of Gibraltar.....just a home-owner in Spain...

I am not sure of the details but due to his age when he took out the mortgage the 'protection vida' had to be taken out separately at the same time and paid for bi-annually.... if you are younger they include it within the monthly mortgage repayments - this is what he was told anyhow....I have no idea! Anyhow it pays off the mortgage upon death....no other factors just the mortgage...

The insurance was with Barclays themselves.....we have just found out that as he is a non-resident the insurance is no longer valid and they have told us that we must find another one....

Help!
Old Jun 5th 2014, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life insurance needed for mortgage

I believe there are a number of companies that will insure him. When we had a mortgage as non residents we were insured with Helvitia. They were cheaper than some quotes we had , however for men it is still very expensive my insurance was 2 1\2 times that of my wife. Needless to say no mortgage now so no Spanish life insurance

Last edited by bobd22; Jun 5th 2014 at 9:55 am.