Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

License for starter pistol

License for starter pistol

Old Aug 30th 2017, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Tarragonista is an unknown quantity at this point
Default License for starter pistol

Has anyone done this? I'm finding the Guardia Civil website a bit confusing - do I really need a police report and a competency test to own a starter pistol? Will the police report be from the UK, or where I'm resident?
Thanks!
Old Aug 30th 2017, 3:13 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: License for starter pistol

I am guessing you are in a sports club? They ought to be able to assist you.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 3:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarragonista
Has anyone done this? I'm finding the Guardia Civil website a bit confusing - do I really need a police report and a competency test to own a starter pistol? Will the police report be from the UK, or where I'm resident?
Thanks!
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 30th 2017, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Tarragonista is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by missile
I am guessing you are in a sports club? They ought to be able to assist you.
Actually, no, it's for doing gundog training. I train the dogs myself, we're not in any clubs, as hunting with dogs is very different in Spain. We do group activities when we visit the UK, but I need to get my newest dog up to speed with the sound of gunshot, linked with a retrieve, and starter pistols are the easiest way to achieve that.

I have plenty of my own land for using it on, I just don't want to fall foul of any legislation. It seems to me from reading up that I probably need a license, but the Guardia Civil website isn't very clear in terms of starter pistols. I'll pop along and ask them if no-one here knows, but since I'm sat at my computer, I thought I'd be lazy and ask here first
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Go to your nearest GC armoury ( the one that handles legally owned civilian firearms) they will advise, or ask a gun shop, I don't think you need a license but I'm not 100% sure , I've held a Spanish FAC , plenty of hoops to jump through 😒
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone can buy a blank firing pistol (if they are over 18)
Old Sep 1st 2017, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine has one and I don't think he has a licence (and he is law abiding) but maybe rules vary by region? I am sure GC would be happy to advise.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 3:04 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidinspain
Anyone can buy a blank firing pistol (if they are over 18)
Yes correct, in Valencia anyway.