Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Legal stuff re insurance + keyholders

Legal stuff re insurance + keyholders

Old Mar 15th 2018, 4:09 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Legal stuff re insurance + keyholders

Hi

I have recently decided to change my keyholder. As a result I have a chance to review the whole subject.

I've realised that for the last decade, I haven't really thought about the insurance 'small print' regarding having a 3rd party having access to the home. Luckily there has been no claim, so I am starting from 'scratch'

I'd like to know if there is a special contract of 'form of words' I can use, just to cover myself from any problems in the unlikely case that there is an insurance claim.

If someone has a contract that is considered fair for both the keyholder and myself, which also covers any insurance stuff, please can you share it with me/us.

I think this may be a good discussion topic for many of us - who (perhaps) haven't thought this through, like me. Those that did consider this could help us with some advice (please).

Thanks in advance
Jon
Old Mar 15th 2018, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal stuff re insurance + keyholders

Are you thinking "keyholder" as in an individual who has your keys in case of emergency or as in a management company? The cases would be different I think. You could impose 'due diligence' and CRB checks (or equivalent) on a company and corporate responsibility, which would imply that they would have some insurance or bond to cover non-performance. Not sure how you would handle that with an individual.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 4:21 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal stuff re insurance + keyholders

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Are you thinking "keyholder" as in an individual who has your keys in case of emergency or as in a management company? The cases would be different I think. You could impose 'due diligence' and CRB checks (or equivalent) on a company and corporate responsibility, which would imply that they would have some insurance or bond to cover non-performance. Not sure how you would handle that with an individual.
Hi Mike

In this case I am thinking an individual. But good point re company vs private.

However looking at how things are managed here I wonder how far (and how easy) things like CRB checks etc are managed here.

One way of handling this is to at least have an agreement, hence I am wondering if there is any 'right' wording out there. Others may have thought this through already.

Thanks + see you soon
Jon