Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Legal impications of not paying rent

Legal impications of not paying rent

Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of
Default Legal impications of not paying rent

I'm wondering what are the legal implications of not paying the last month's rent.

There are no problems with regards damage and all that, I just want to use the deposit to pay the last month, before moving out.

Am I correct in saying that it's a civil matter (landlord having to sue me in court), and not a criminal matter that would involve the police ?

Any views appreciated,
J.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:46 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal impications of not paying rent

Are you talking about England or Spain? Why not try to come to an agreement with your landlord over it.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of
Default Re: Legal impications of not paying rent

Originally Posted by sibsie
Are you talking about England or Spain? Why not try to come to an agreement with your landlord over it.
Spain.

Will negotiate agreement, if possible.

But, I would still like to know the legal situation, due to the Spanish judicial system being rather different to other modern progressive societies.