Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Lebara Mobile Phone Classic tariff

Lebara Mobile Phone Classic tariff

Old Sep 1st 2015, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lebara Mobile Phone Classic tariff

Hi,

Does anyone use the PAYG "Classic" tarrif with Lebara mobile sims? Just wondering whether there is a time limit on the PAYG payment i.e. that it has to be used within a certain time period. (Genuine query, not a sales pitch)

Has anyone had any dealings with this company?

Thanks
Steve
Old Sep 1st 2015, 3:55 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lebara Mobile Phone Classic tariff

I don't know about Lebara, but I don't know of one that has non-expiring credit. Most expire in 30 days whether you use it or not.

If you're referring to how long you can go without topping up before they cancel your account, well, that varies. I think 6 mos. is the norm.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 9:24 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Movistar give you six months before they cut you off and they text you many warnings well in advance. You can still receive calls and make emergency calls. If you top up, it is added to your existing credit.

I think that after 9 months you lose your number and credit.

I expect the other major players do the same.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the information etc. I'm going to download the lebara terms and conditions and trawl through the small print to see if I can see any time limits.
Steve
Old Sep 4th 2015, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

andypmg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tebo53
Thanks for the information etc. I'm going to download the lebara terms and conditions and trawl through the small print to see if I can see any time limits.
Steve
Most seem to be the 30 day limit now but not the Data only bolt on.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the information. I looked at the small print in the 'terms and conditions' and it says that " if the call credit is not used within 90 days then the account will become inactive and not entitled to any refund"
Sounds a bit strange!
Steve
Old Sep 5th 2015, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Have a look at Hitsmobile which uses the Vodafone network. They have a service called "keep your number" where you pay €3 a year to keep your line active for 12 months.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

andypmg is an unknown quantity at this point

I do understand everyone can have different needs and priorities with everything and mobiles or service providers is no different. I guess it is al down to need/want.

But there are now a few spin off companies mobi-data Gt giff gaff to name a few just depends on needs -

I dont know why you would think it strange when the phone companies have a kind of use by or expiry date on credit or account - it is simply how they operate to get the most out of any one customer.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andypmg
I do understand everyone can have different needs and priorities with everything and mobiles or service providers is no different. I guess it is al down to need/want.

But there are now a few spin off companies mobi-data Gt giff gaff to name a few just depends on needs -

I dont know why you would think it strange when the phone companies have a kind of use by or expiry date on credit or account - it is simply how they operate to get the most out of any one customer.
I think it strange, yes that a 'Pay as you go' contract has a time limit. I have a UK P.A.Y.G phone with EE that only expires when the money has ran out, regardless of time and I'd expect, if I was in credit on the lebara phone that I'd get the same terms.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andypmg
Most seem to be the 30 day limit now but not the Data only bolt on.
What company does the data only bolt on?