Reload this Page >

Leaving Spain - deregistering

Leaving Spain - deregistering

Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Oksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving Spain - deregistering

Hi,

I left Spain 6 months ago - was not sure if I was going back or not.
I need to deregister with Spainish authorities in Madrid. I am flying over there fore 3 days - will it be enough and what do I need to do?
As far as I understand I will need
1) to deregister from padron - I have an appointment with a centre (different one to where I registered but I think it should be ok)

2) go to agencia tributaria to change residencia fiscal - appointment necessary or can I just walk it?

3) deregistering Residencia - a bit confused about it - can I just go to any policia and give my NIE? Also, is it the same as getting a non-residence certificate?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2014, 10:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving Spain - deregistering

Originally Posted by Oksie
Hi,

I left Spain 6 months ago - was not sure if I was going back or not.
I need to deregister with Spainish authorities in Madrid. I am flying over there fore 3 days - will it be enough and what do I need to do?
As far as I understand I will need
1) to deregister from padron - I have an appointment with a centre (different one to where I registered but I think it should be ok)

2) go to agencia tributaria to change residencia fiscal - appointment necessary or can I just walk it?

3) deregistering Residencia - a bit confused about it - can I just go to any policia and give my NIE? Also, is it the same as getting a non-residence certificate?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
You just need one form to de register for tax in Spain, suggest you use a gestor as he can oversee it for you.

As for residencia and Padron, theres no real need to do it. You wont be there, and therefore it wont effect you

When I left I just notified all the companies I dealt with (insurance, electricity etc) that I no longer had residence there, closed my bank account, and de registered for tax.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 5:53 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You just need one form to de register for tax in Spain, suggest you use a gestor as he can oversee it for you.

As for residencia and Padron, theres no real need to do it. You wont be there, and therefore it wont effect you
Hola

I´d like to disagree over the padron; if you return to Spain and want to import your car again, then you will have to pay the first registration tax unnecessarily.

I have known one case so far - but have another in the pipeline

Davexf
Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:58 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

The padron is how each town shows how many residents they have in order to receive money from the government so I believe that it is important to de-register from it.

Rosemary
Old Jan 5th 2014, 8:56 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

I´d like to disagree over the padron; if you return to Spain and want to import your car again, then you will have to pay the first registration tax unnecessarily.

I have known one case so far - but have another in the pipeline

Davexf
Maybe so, however assuming that the OP is not coming back by the looks of the post, and my answer is based on that. That would apply to residency more, not padron as padron is limited to the local town hall area and also needs to be renewed every 3 months anyway (a padron cert over three months is not accepted by official bodies).
Old Jan 5th 2014, 9:07 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe so, however assuming that the OP is not coming back by the looks of the post, and my answer is based on that. That would apply to residency more, not padron as padron is limited to the local town hall area and also needs to be renewed every 3 months anyway (a padron cert over three months is not accepted by official bodies).
This is also not correct.

Your padron does NOT need renewing every 3 months. However, as you go on to say, authorities will always require to see one that is no more than 3 months old.

So, if it doesn't need to be shown, don't bother renewing it - simples!
Old Jan 5th 2014, 9:15 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh

Your padron does NOT need renewing every 3 months. However, as you go on to say, authorities will always require to see one that is no more than 3 months old.

I agree with you, if I went to renew mine every 3 months the people in the town hall would think that I had gone mad. What I found strange was that when I became a pensioner and therefore changed from a temporary SIP card to a permanent one they accepted my padron even though it was a couple of years old but Graham had to renew his as he was down as my dependant.

Also when dealing with the paperwork after his death the notary needed an up to date padron for Graham to show the date that he stopped being a resident due to death but that he still resided here when he died.

Rosemary
Old Jan 5th 2014, 9:29 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by snikpoh

I'm sorry you are completely wrong
I have tried to use a padron certificate outside three months and have had it refused and have had to go back and get a duplicate up to date issued.
You will also find comments on this forum about similar instances. I'm not saying that it fully expires after 3 months, but you try using it with official bodies after thsat period has elapsed on your certificate, and it often isnt accepted. Fact!

And when you say this is also not correct you are wrong as well, because if you are not returning to Spain then it is not necessary to cancel your residency and padron. As confirmed by a good gestor and a solicitor. The tax situation is more important of course, but that is easily addressed

Again, I'm not saying its not the correct thing to do, but I'm saying it is not necessary under the circumstances that have been laid out.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 9:34 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

There's a bit of pedantry going on here. I have not renewed my padron for many years. If I need one I will have to go and get one. Therefore you do NOT have to renew it every three months - you need one that is less than three months old.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 9:38 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jimenato
There's a bit of pedantry going on here. I have not renewed my padron for many years. If I need one I will have to go and get one. Therefore you do NOT have to renew it every three months - you need one that is less than three months old.
I'm not being pedantic, honestly

And I'm not referring to anyone specifically, I just wish people would read the original post and answer accordingly, as I did.

The post says they are leaving Spain and want in effect to cut ties. It doesnt say they are coming back next month or next year, and seems pretty final. Maybe I should have been more specific originally.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 9:46 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not being pedantic, honestly

And I'm not referring to anyone specifically, I just wish people would read the original post and answer accordingly, as I did.

The post says they are leaving Spain and want in effect to cut ties. It doesnt say they are coming back next month or next year, and seems pretty final. Maybe I should have been more specific originally.
Sorry about that then Mitz. I didn't know that you had to renew your padron every three months. I was aware that if you needed to present one it had to be less than three months old - but that is entirely different. I bow to your greater knowledge.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 9:51 am
Senior Moment

Sorry about that then Mitz. I didn't know that you had to renew your padron every three months. I was aware that if you needed to present one it had to be less than three months old - but that is entirely different. I bow to your greater knowledge.
I havent got any greater knowledge
Old Jan 5th 2014, 10:02 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You do not have to renew your entry on the Padron unless you are specifically asked to do so which is fairly rare. I have not renewed mine since I changed address 10 years ago.

However if you wish to have a certificate they will issue one on demand. Depending on what you are going to use the certificate for and the organisation that has requested it, it may not be accepted unless it was issued less than 3 months ago. In some cases an older certificate may be acceptable.

I agree with Mitz on the other points - the only thing that is essential is to sign off the tax system, usually by using Form 030.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

The decent thing to do is to follow the rules of the country and deregister, so that they know that you have gone. There are forms to do this, so use them.
We moan enough about immigrants not obeying British rules!!!!

Last edited by Saxy; Jan 5th 2014 at 10:14 am.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 10:23 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

The point I made is that neither person INTENDED to return - but did so. If you have deregistered, then your date of moving into Spain should change to the latter date.

Quite a few organisations are happy to accept a padron of any date; however official bodies may require an in-date padron. Simple to get if they refuse the old one.

Davexf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.