Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Learn Spanish gestures!

Learn Spanish gestures!

Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:37 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Learn Spanish gestures!

Here's a good site I found lately for Spanish slang:

http://www.languagerealm.com/spanish/spanishslang.php

I looked on the English page under "W" but it seemed to be missing an entry!

http://www.languagerealm.com/english/englishslang_w.php
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Ah, it's just the usual, ill-informed nonsense, as I explained in the PM. A good MadrileƱa like you would not necessarily be pleased to be told by a British newspaper that of course you are spelling 'Bueno' incorrectly when in southern Spain, that there is of course a whole dialect in southern Spain that
will clearly come as a surprise to you, and finally, this hand gesture to signify that everything is fantastic is exclusive to just the south. Still, it was the Guardian, not exactly famous for getting things right!!!!!

And tell the truth, now you know................. Fer & Los Angeles de Charlie?????????
yes i already know
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marisol
what does *anker.lol mean?
Wikipedia will explain it to you, although the finger positions are slightly different. ;-))
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Wikipedia will explain it to you, although the finger positions are slightly different. ;-))
But this gesture is different to the one i was talking about. Have you ever put, when you were a boy, the forefinger and the thumb of each hand in your eyes as if you were wearing glasses? well, its the same but just with one hand, only these two fingers making a kind of circle.
The other, the gesture that express "masturbarse", is using all the fingers and its the same in Spanish and of course, its rude.
If someone is going to make a mistake its better not to use it but, as its so different one to the other, i said that could be done without problem.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marisol
But this gesture is different to the one i was talking about. Have you ever put, when you were a boy, the forefinger and the thumb of each hand in your eyes as if you were wearing glasses? well, its the same but just with one hand, only these two fingers making a kind of circle.
The other, the gesture that express "masturbarse", is using all the fingers and its the same in Spanish and of course, its rude.
If someone is going to make a mistake its better not to use it but, as its so different one to the other, i said that could be done without problem.
Lol, you maybe right, but the thumb and finger are not round the eye, more like round an imaginary wotsit.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:01 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Lol, you maybe right, but the thumb and finger are not round the eye, more like round an imaginary wotsit.
I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so!