Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Lawyers cost to get Spain residency for EU national

Lawyers cost to get Spain residency for EU national

Old Jan 3rd 2023, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

dave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lawyers cost to get Spain residency for EU national

Just a quick question (i seem to be asking many recently) I am going to apply for residency here in Spain, I am an EU national, the wife isn't. Anybody have an idea where I should go for help doing it, as my Spanish isn't up to much yet, and how much they normally charge? I have contacted a couple of localish lawyers near me, and they seem to be quoting me anything from 350 euros to over a thousand, is that the normal price?
Many thanks
Old Jan 4th 2023, 9:04 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lawyers cost to get Spain residency for EU national

I would use a Gestor although the process is fairly straight forward.
Old Jan 4th 2023, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

More here

https://expatsmagazine.org/how-to-ap...rmit-in-spain/

or contact them to get a quote https://www.pellicerheredia.com/en/spanish-lawyer/
Old Feb 8th 2023, 11:15 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave7777
Just a quick question (i seem to be asking many recently) I am going to apply for residency here in Spain, I am an EU national, the wife isn't.
In your case it's very straightforward, and you can easily do it yourself. It's literally a case of booking a cita previa and having all your documents in order and in time for your visit: passport, NIE, local bank account with recent bank letter confirming your balance (if not working you need to show a balance high enough to support yourself), comprehensive health insurance with no co-payments (sin copago), rental contract, empadronamiento (you will need a cita at your local town hall to get this done though it is also straightforward: passport, rental contract, possibly a recent utility bill in the owner's name or your own, proof of payment of last month's rent). Always good to have photocopies of everything.

It will be a little bit more difficult in your wife's case as you will need to prove that you can support her (once again the bank balance comes into play) and you will be applying for a 'family member of an EU citizen' card.

I think the two words that best describe the difference in both are "register" and "apply." In your case you're basically just registering yourself as a resident as you have every right to it. In the second case it's an application that needs to be approved.

Btw, have you made any progress since you started this thread?
Old Feb 8th 2023, 11:17 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
In your case it's very straightforward, and you can easily do it yourself. It's literally a case of booking a cita previa and having all your documents in order and in time for your visit: passport, NIE, local bank account with recent bank letter confirming your balance (if not working you need to show a balance high enough to support yourself), comprehensive health insurance with no co-payments (sin copago), rental contract, empadronamiento (you will need a cita at your local town hall to get this done though it is also straightforward: passport, rental contract, possibly a recent utility bill in the owner's name or your own, proof of payment of last month's rent). Always good to have photocopies of everything.

It will be a little bit more difficult in your wife's case as you will need to prove that you can support her (once again the bank balance comes into play) and you will be applying for a 'family member of an EU citizen' card.

I think the two words that best describe the difference in both are "register" and "apply." In your case you're basically just registering yourself as a resident as you have every right to it. In the second case it's an application that needs to be approved.

Btw, have you made any progress since you started this thread?
NIE is not required as one will be issued at time of residency.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

As an EU resident all you have to do is sign on the foreigners register at the national police station within 90 days of arrival here in Spain. Your spouse can then be added to your residency application.

There are a few documents to submit.

Here is the link to give simple information:

https://administracion.gob.es/pag_Ho...residente.html

Steve
Old Feb 8th 2023, 1:51 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
NIE is not required as one will be issued at time of residency.
For the first part of the residency (for the EU national) you might need the NIE even before you register as a resident. Helps with a ton of stuff, like getting a N26 account with Spanish IBAN, buying a car, etc.

For the second part of the residency (the non-EU national) the NIE will be issued with the residency. It's also a bit harder to get before-hand because they will ask why you need one and if the reason doesn't add up they'll just tell you to wait until residency, where as you mentioned it will be issued.