Reload this Page >

LAWS ON 2.4 METRE SKY DISHES

LAWS ON 2.4 METRE SKY DISHES

Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:07 am
Just Joined

bonesey333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LAWS ON 2.4 METRE SKY DISHES

Hello all.

We live on the cost blanca on a new gated complex. we were the 1st to move on in July and quickly found out thet if you put your sky dish up BEFORE any complex rules were established,then you were fine and nothing could be done about it by the newly formed committee.

We put our 2.4 metre dish in our rear garden,which is only seen by around 10 residents,but we keep loosing our TV signal as all our ground is unstable and builders wont sort it and too expensive for us to do.What we now want to do is move it to our property roof,where it will be 100% stable but it will be then seen by most of the complex properties ( 50 ) ,and we know some people wont be happy.

Since we put our own dish up a letter from the newly appointed administration company has been issued saying what the security grills,blinds have to be like and also advising people not to put TV dishes up.

our questions are

1) Can we move our dish to our roof legally?
2) can the committee make us move it or take it down legally?

we look forward to your replies

S+S
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LAWS ON 2.4 METRE SKY DISHES

Hi,
Surely a 2.4 metre dish has to be mounted on a fixed, solid concrete base for stability. How do you intend to fix it to your roof?
Tim
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:25 am
Just Joined

bonesey333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Hi,
Surely a 2.4 metre dish has to be mounted on a fixed, solid concrete base for stability. How do you intend to fix it to your roof?
Tim

Tim,we have a professional TV company who initially fitted out dish ready and waiting to move it,and "how" to fix it to our roof is the very least of our worries. Its the questions we have asked above in our first email we need answering before we make our next move

S+S
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:33 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Hi,
Tim
Did you go to the owners meeting or have you got the minutes ?
All community rules have to be put forward and voted on there, the main man is the President and he tells the admin what the owners commitee have put in the urb rules.
Best to ask the President.

Out the free beer thread community rules
Old Oct 25th 2007, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

bick40 is on a distinguished road

On our development it was in the initial deeds that satellite dishes weren't allowed (any size) but they went up from day one and the developers have never said anything.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bonesey333
"how" to fix it to our roof is the very least of our worries. Its the questions we have asked above in our first email we need answering before we make our next move
S+S
Yeeeesss .... thats what we thought ...... our 1.8 dish lasted about a month before it was blown down in the high winds we get from time to time in CB during the winter. Professionally fixed, ruined the dish, cost a lot of dosh.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of
Smile Re: LAWS ON 2.4 METRE SKY DISHES

Originally Posted by bick40
On our development it was in the initial deeds that satellite dishes weren't allowed (any size) but they went up from day one and the developers have never said anything.
A 2.4 metre sky dish!!

Well we were upset when the guy 3 doors away started parking an old hearse on the pavement - Nowhere near as upset as when he painted the bonnet with flames tho !!

It just goes to show it depends upon which side of the fence you are standing as to what is neighbourly or not.

Personally I would outlaw them if any neighbour could see them (with or without binoculars) but then again somebody could well take offence at me just putting this viewpoint forward.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justlookin

Personally I would outlaw them if any neighbour could see them (with or without binoculars) but then again somebody could well take offence at me just putting this viewpoint forward.
Well .... you'd better get used to them over here ... they're everywhere.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well .... you'd better get used to them over here ... they're everywhere.
Yes but are they all that big?

As you will know over in England you would be trying to pick up Asian broadcasts with a dish that size. Most of the ones I have seen in Spain have been the little ones apart from the communal dishes on flats etc.

It's funny this thread is a little like the Legal or Illegal thread only here the answers are all the same "whatever you can get away with", a clear indication that this is not about morality of the possible "offence" and the answer given makes no attempt at justifying itself. In no way is it deemed immoral but then again most laws are administrative not morality based. But if we do not have the majority of them chaos will result (then again Spain has laws on parking but motorists seem to ignore them with impunity -much to our amusement at times and annoyance parhaps at others)
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:40 pm
Senior Moment

As you will know over in England you would be trying to pick up Asian broadcasts with a dish that size. Most of the ones I have seen in Spain have been the little ones apart from the communal dishes on flats etc.

It's funny this thread is a little like the Legal or Illegal thread only here the answers are all the same "whatever you can get away with", a clear indication that this is not about morality of the possible "offence" and the answer given makes no attempt at justifying itself. In no way is it deemed immoral but then again most laws are administrative not morality based. But if we do not have the majority of them chaos will result (then again Spain has laws on parking but motorists seem to ignore them with impunity -much to our amusement at times and annoyance parhaps at others)
You'll find a whole new meaning as to how underastand the law over here . The smaller dishes are normally Spanish TV etc, whereas you can normally tell an Englishmans house by the size of his dish ... they say size isn't important ....... but it is here
Theres no general law to my knowledge about dish sizes, but this is referring to local community rules
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

afraid so

if you want to watch UK Sky, you will need a whopper our 1.9 loses BBC2 in the evening (so no top gear for us) BBC1 and ITV go at about 11pm and if there is a storm or heavy rain ( hmmm which is a lot lately) some or all of them go off

thats generally how you know where the Brits live !!!! can spot their dishes a mile off
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:11 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

God they are so UGLY and DAMNED expensive too about €1000+ . Personally I think the drival/ bad news that's on ain't worth the cost. Depressing. I haven't seen UK TV for 2 years (except the odd footy match down the Bar). One of the minor reasons we left UK - C**P TV, (yuk , reality this and that) - drones and sheep.

If it's news you want, you can keep up to date through the Internet.

Rumour is you aren't suppose to get TV/Sky over here I heard, due to Copyright Laws - The UK TV content is for UK audiences I believe. Sky don't officially broadcast to Spain. I think this is why the TV guys give you a SKY card that seems to last forever !!!

We do watch DVDs and films in the colder nights but a B***dy 2.4 dish is AN EYESORE !!! and our neighbours have ruined their gardens as the dish has to be in their front garden UGLY UGLY UGLY !!! Caused some arguments as well - as some people want to put large trees around their new garden walls only to find it's likely to block the line of signal of their neighbours dish !!! UGLY !!

ANYWAY - Ditch the TV, Stop being so BRITISH !!! Read, Learn Spanish, Make a meal for friends, go out, get hobby - talk to your partner even !!!

... I await the reaction !
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:43 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
God they are so UGLY and DAMNED expensive too about €1000+ . Personally I think the drival/ bad news that's on ain't worth the cost. Depressing. I haven't seen UK TV for 2 years (except the odd footy match down the Bar). One of the minor reasons we left UK - C**P TV, (yuk , reality this and that) - drones and sheep.

If it's news you want, you can keep up to date through the Internet.

Rumour is you aren't suppose to get TV/Sky over here I heard, due to Copyright Laws - The UK TV content is for UK audiences I believe. Sky don't officially broadcast to Spain. I think this is why the TV guys give you a SKY card that seems to last forever !!!

We do watch DVDs and films in the colder nights but a B***dy 2.4 dish is AN EYESORE !!! and our neighbours have ruined their gardens as the dish has to be in their front garden UGLY UGLY UGLY !!! Caused some arguments as well - as some people want to put large trees around their new garden walls only to find it's likely to block the line of signal of their neighbours dish !!! UGLY !!

ANYWAY - Ditch the TV, Stop being so BRITISH !!! Read, Learn Spanish, Make a meal for friends, go out, get hobby - talk to your partner even !!!

... I await the reaction !
My reaction.....move the sky dish to where you want it! We live in a community and it says no individual sky dishes. We are supposed to have a communal one at the end of each block but it never happened. Now there are 100`s of dishes up and no-one bats an eyelid

I read every day, have 3 Spanish lessons a week, always cooking for family and friends, go out a couple of times a week, constantly speaking to my partner cos he is my best friend too......but I tell you what, I wouldnt be without my telly
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:51 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
My reaction.....move the sky dish to where you want it! We live in a community and it says no individual sky dishes. We are supposed to have a communal one at the end of each block but it never happened. Now there are 100`s of dishes up and no-one bats an eyelid

I read every day, have 3 Spanish lessons a week, always cooking for family and friends, go out a couple of times a week, constantly speaking to my partner cos he is my best friend too......but I tell you what, I wouldnt be without my telly
Nice to see you got over your Manflue ok. ;-))
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:52 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Nice to see you got over your Manflue ok. ;-))
Actually Im just having a relapse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.