Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Launch of Gijon to Poole crossing with LD Lines

Launch of Gijon to Poole crossing with LD Lines

Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Launch of Gijon to Poole crossing with LD Lines

LD lines have begun a new crossing from Gijon to Poole and they have got a special offer launch. I believe the rate applies for the first 500 bookings.

Car + 2 passengers + cabin = £399*
*Price for return fare, for a standard car (1.85m x 5m) and 2 passengers. Cabin included. Offer subject to availability and date and time of travel. Full terms and conditions apply. All taxes included. 2% credit card surcharge applicable. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 12:22 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Launch of Gijon to Poole crossing with LD Lines

Originally Posted by battlezone123
LD lines have begun a new crossing from Gijon to Poole and they have got a special offer launch. I believe the rate applies for the first 500 bookings.

Car + 2 passengers + cabin = £399*
*Price for return fare, for a standard car (1.85m x 5m) and 2 passengers. Cabin included. Offer subject to availability and date and time of travel. Full terms and conditions apply. All taxes included. 2% credit card surcharge applicable. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.
Don't suppose I'll use it but it could be a good thing if only to keep Britanny on their toes.
They've had a virtual monopoly on the Spanish/UK run in recent years.

I see DFDS started a cross channel run as well not so long ago.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

I see that they are using the old Norman Asturias - we used it a couple of times when it sailed from St Nazaire. Then it sailed down the coast of France and across to Gijon but in rough weather it was a bit rough going. I can't imagine how it would cope with crossing Biscay in anything of a sea , but it should be great in fine weather. It's a bit small and was mostly designed for truckers so the on board facilities are a bit basic compared with BF for example. We did enjoy the food
I see that the Poole-Gijon (Xijon) runs on Saturday and the Norman Asturias goes to Santander on the Tuesdays

Last edited by MikeJ; Jan 14th 2014 at 1:26 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I see that they are using the old Norman Asturias - we used it a couple of times when it sailed from St Nazaire. Then it sailed down the coast of France and across to Gijon but in rough weather it was a bit rough going. I can't imagine how it would cope with crossing Biscay in anything of a sea , but it should be great in fine weather. It's a bit small and was mostly designed for truckers so the on board facilities are a bit basic compared with BF for example. We did enjoy the food
It does look small, and I thought as it has to go further into the sea the waves would be worse.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

They are also doing Poole to Bilbao- started back in October, funny time to start a crossing but hey ho. If its still on the go in May when I want to take my MG across I'll use it if its cheaper than brittany ferries.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
They are also doing Poole to Bilbao- started back in October, funny time to start a crossing but hey ho. If its still on the go in May when I want to take my MG across I'll use it if its cheaper than brittany ferries.
No Bilbao on their web site, but Santander is quite close.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
No Bilbao on their web site, but Santander is quite close.

Wrong info supplied to me then. A close neighbour in spain used them in november to bring his jag back from spain.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 8:23 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
It does look small, and I thought as it has to go further into the sea the waves would be worse.
Not always so, but Fred J is more of an expert on such things than myself, so maybe he'll chuck in his twopenneth