Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Latest UK Govt healthcare release.

Latest UK Govt healthcare release.

Old Sep 23rd 2019, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Latest UK Govt healthcare release.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/g...tent=immediate

Latest from UK Govt regarding Healthcare in case of a no deal Brexit next month. Scary stuff on the face of it especially if you plan to live past May 2020!
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Latest UK Govt healthcare release.

While on the subject of healthcare I am after a bit of advise re procedure following submitting an S1. I submitted my S1 towards the end of July and all went well. I was presented with a sheet of paper as proof I had submitted the S1 and told that in 4 to 6 weeks I would receive in the post a card that I take to the central salud and use to register for a doctor. Once I had registered that I would then receive my proper health card. To date I have heard nothing further I did mention this to a gestor this morning they said the letter/certificate can take up to 3 months to arrive. Has anyone done this recently and if so how long was it before they got their letter/certificate? At the moment I am working on the basis of waiting another few weeks but if nothing then having to return to the INSS office to try and chase it up. Any information would be much appreciated especially with the dreaded Brexit clock ticking.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Spain is prepared to look after us (OK with UK payment) if UK looks after Spaniards living in UK....

more here https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/09/23...69_989612.html

and here https://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/lang/en...lsecurity.aspx
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Presume if you are a pensioner resident in Spain and have your pension paid here you have got a text message from DWP : "You will carry on getting your pension when the UK leaves the EU on the 31st October ".

Note the use of the very final " when" ! They obviously have advance knowledge
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Presume if you are a pensioner resident in Spain and have your pension paid here you have got a text message from DWP : "You will carry on getting your pension when the UK leaves the EU on the 31st October ".

Note the use of the very final " when" ! They obviously have advance knowledge
Nothing at all from DHS or DWP!
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

Nothing at all from DHS or DWP!
presume you have your home address and mobile registered with them ?
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
presume you have your home address and mobile registered with them ?
Never been asked to REGISTER either but HMRC do have our email address under the tell us once scheme and NHS have both. We are resisted at the Embassy in Madrid but of course this happened 10 or so years ago so no doubt new systems and software will have lost the older data!
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't had a message so far and they have my email and phone number