Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Latest on Residency from British Embassy Brits in Spain

Latest on Residency from British Embassy Brits in Spain

Old Jul 11th 2020, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Latest on Residency from British Embassy Brits in Spain

Certificado de registro de residente comunitario o Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de un ciudadano de la Unión.
Its 12€. Complete the form online, one for every member of the family, print the three sheets and take them to any bank. Make an appointment with your local police and with a photo 32x26 and your passport thats it job done..well I hope so anyway!
Old Jul 11th 2020, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Certificado de registro de residente comunitario o Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de un ciudadano de la Unión.
Its 12€. Complete the form online, one for every member of the family, print the three sheets and take them to any bank. Make an appointment with your local police and with a photo 32x26 and your passport thats it job done..well I hope so anyway!
But that's the green card we already have, for EU citizens. Are you saying we apply for something we have already been issued with?
Old Jul 11th 2020, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Latest on Residency from British Embassy Brits in Spain

Originally Posted by Lynn R
But that's the green card we already have, for EU citizens. Are you saying we apply for something we have already been issued with?
Its your choice whether to exchange your existing A4 green residencia for this card but from next January we will not be EU citizens and our documents will reflect that. Knowing Spanish bureaucracy I think they will want us to use the new card at some point next year so we are getting ours sooner than later. Its up to each one of us.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Its your choice whether to exchange your existing A4 green residencia for this card but from next January we will not be EU citizens and our documents will reflect that. Knowing Spanish bureaucracy I think they will want us to use the new card at some point next year so we are getting ours sooner than later. Its up to each one of us.
Yes, I know that, and I would like to exchange my green card for a TIE. But it does not make sense to me to tick the box on the 790(012) form asking to pay for a green card (which is what you are suggesting we should do) when I am now applying for something else.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Well they will need to issue a new Bulletin then as this clearly states it's not necessary so any funcinario insisting on it would need to demonstrate a change

Old Jul 11th 2020, 5:02 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I know that, and I would like to exchange my green card for a TIE. But it does not make sense to me to tick the box on the 790(012) form asking to pay for a green card (which is what you are suggesting we should do) when I am now applying for something else.
Not really, the green card is no longer issued so they will give you a TIE instead. That applies to new residency applications as well The charge is the same and by law has to cost the same as a Spanish national getting a new DNI
Old Jul 11th 2020, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Well they will need to issue a new Bulletin then as this clearly states it's not necessary so any funcinario insisting on it would need to demonstrate a change
I agree with you re the green card it's simply a choice if you already have it and want a TIE. There are benefits of having the green one as it doesn't run out unlike the TIE. The rest of the EU countries will still use the green card so I can't see why it should suddenly become difficult for it to be accepted. But as Fred says its simply an individual choice. Unless you are making an initial application as from last Monday that has to be done in 2 phases and will be an application for a TIE card.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Lynnn the way I read it isn't that as the ex 23 form used is specifically relating to TIE. So it makes sense that you are simply exchanging your green card for a TIE to simply show your rights as British under the withdrawal agreement. So the box to tick for that is the 12 Euro one as said. My situation isn't that but an initial application for TIE for my wife. She has to submit EX 20 at regional extranjera office and will then be told by them later to apply at local National Police Station using the ex 23 the same as you use to exchange. But I am confused as to which box she will need to enter on the form 790-12. Is it the same as for an exchange or is it the one I mentioned in earlier comment re initial issue. One is 12 Euros the other 15. 76 or something it's not the money but that we need to show she has paid the correct bit.

Last edited by bobd22; Jul 11th 2020 at 6:21 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fred James
Not really, the green card is no longer issued so they will give you a TIE instead. That applies to new residency applications as well The charge is the same and by law has to cost the same as a Spanish national getting a new DNI
Fred can I confirm that it's the 12 euro box for exchange and new issue for those UK citizens applying for initial TIE application?
Old Jul 11th 2020, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bobd22
Lynnn the way I read it isn't that as the ex 23 form used is specifically relating to TIE. So it makes sense that you are simply exchanging your green card for a TIE to simply show your rights as British under the withdrawal agreement. So the box to tick for that is the 12 Euro one as said. My situation isn't that but an initial application for TIE for my wife. She has to submit EX 20 at regional extranjera office and will then be told by them later to apply at local National Police Station using the ex 23 the same as you use to exchange. But I am confused as to which box she will need to enter on the form 790-12. Is it the same as for an exchange or is it the one I mentioned in earlier comment re initial issue. One is 12 Euros the other 15. 76 or something it's not the money but that we need to show she has paid the correct bit.
It just does not make sense to me that on the EX23 form (for an exchange of a permanent residency certificate for a TIE) we are asking for a TIE, but on the Modelo 790(12) we are ticking the box for a certificado de residente comunitario. But if that's what people who are already in the process of exchanging have done, and their TIEs are issued without problem, then so be it.

Can't answer your question about your wife's application, I'm afraid.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It just does not make sense to me that on the EX23 form (for an exchange of a permanent residency certificate for a TIE) we are asking for a TIE, but on the Modelo 790(12) we are ticking the box for a certificado de residente comunitario. But if that's what people who are already in the process of exchanging have done, and their TIEs are issued without problem, then so be it.

Can't answer your question about your wife's application, I'm afraid.
Thanks Lynn. In reality I think in your case you are exchanging green residency for TIE to show or certificate your rights provided under EU withdrawal Act. It probably is the same for initial issue as in for my wife, up to the 31 Dec as we are still treated as EU. I think that's what Fred is saying and would make sense. It would have been simpler had the change that occurred Monday been delayed until January. But as always it is what it is.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 8:05 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Fred can I confirm that it's the 12 euro box for exchange and new issue for those UK citizens applying for initial TIE application?
I think that is correct, but I haven’t done mine yet.
Old Jul 12th 2020, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fred James
I think that is correct, but I haven’t done mine yet.
Thanks Fred that makes sense
Old Jul 16th 2020, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

SpacemanP is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry a little slow with this information.... are these NEW cards available now?
Old Jul 16th 2020, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

In a word - yes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.