Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Latest on Residency from British Embassy Brits in Spain

Latest on Residency from British Embassy Brits in Spain

Old Jul 2nd 2020, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Latest on Residency from British Embassy Brits in Spain

Originally Posted by Barriej
There is a huge backlog because of all the people who are only just coming out of the woodwork.
With the virus having stopped over 3 months of applications. When I spoke to our solicitor in when we were over in march, she said they had enough applications then to take them through to september, I've been advised that we may not get an appointment before december when we arrive mid august.

She said that they were getting residency enquiries from people who had been living in Spain for over 20 years GO FIGURE.

Added to the fact that most regions now only use one office for the appointments if you are British. In the Alicante region the office is in the city, you cannot go to benidorm anymore.
I don't think it comes as a surprise to anybody that there are people only just coming out of the woodwork. That's why I said I couldn't see there being enough people only just MOVING to cause a large backlog.

It's the fact that there are people just trying to register now who have been in Spain for 20 years that makes me say that I for one would not agree that existing, registered residents should have to wait longer to obtain TIEs if they want them, in order to give priority to those who have never followed the rules.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

People who register after the 31st Dec will not recieve free healthcare
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

The tax man could well take a keen interest in people who've been here for decades but have yet to file a MODELO 720 or a tax return.

If they've been on a padron then the date of that is effectively when they arrived because it's a declaration that you live at the address given.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 6:00 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You are right, signing on the Padrón indicates that you are a full time resident. The tax office, so far, have not used this information to chase tax dodgers, but now things are very different and they will need to raise all the outstanding tax they can before they resort to overall tax increases.

I sincerely hope they do as I have paid my taxes here for 20 years and it’s in six figures in total.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
The tax man could well take a keen interest in people who've been here for decades but have yet to file a MODELO 720 or a tax return.

If they've been on a padron then the date of that is effectively when they arrived because it's a declaration that you live at the address given.
Our local town hall will only issue a padron cert for non residents, as long as you can prove your residency appointment is booked.
Im expecting a few questions when we go to get ours once we have the appointments.

I have a question though. Does each individual get a cert or is it one paper with all those who reside in the property?
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 9:45 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
Our local town hall will only issue a padron cert for non residents, as long as you can prove your residency appointment is booked.
Im expecting a few questions when we go to get ours once we have the appointments.

I have a question though. Does each individual get a cert or is it one paper with all those who reside in the property?

Each individual.

Rosemary
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Families get one paper
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 11:54 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Families get one paper
When you say families do you mean mum, dad and children as apposed to husband and wife?

My husband and I had separate padron papers.

Rosemary
Old Jul 4th 2020, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rosemary
When you say families do you mean mum, dad and children as apposed to husband and wife?

My husband and I had separate padron papers.

Rosemary
Mine is for the whole family. I dont think it really matters though.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Mine is for the whole family. I dont think it really matters though.

It may of course be yet another time that the answer is "it depends", some may issue individual papers and some may issue a single one for a family.

Rosemary
Old Jul 4th 2020, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

When my husband and I originally signed on the padrón in 2007, we got a certificate which showed both of us. Since then, when one or other of us has asked for a new padrón certificate for whatever reason, we have received individual ones.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

When we have been to the padron office together, we have one issued for my wife and I. I just completed an online application using Cl@ve in Torrevieja, and I had a padron emailed to me, but only for me.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

In Alhaurin el Grande, we were issued one "family" / "household" one, and then individual ones for each member..

its another "depends who is working" i think
Old Jul 5th 2020, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

The Governments BOE boletin issued a document BOE-A-2020-7276 yesterday which explains what we have to do and basically if you already have a permanent residencia you need to complete form EX23 and proof of payment form Modelo 790 and if you can take that to the nearest police station with your passport and photo then you can apply for the new card. It will last for 10 years.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

If you already have a green card you DON'T have to do anything . The new procedure is only for new applications ( 6th of July). You CAN apply for a TIE to exchange your green card but it is voluntary.

los nacionales del Reino Unido, los miembros de sus familias y cualesquiera otras personas que residan en España con arreglo a las condiciones establecidas en el Acuerdo no tendrán la obligación de solicitar una nueva condición de residente ni someterse, por tanto, a un nuevo proceso de documentación, pero tendrán el derecho a recibir, de conformidad con las previsiones de la Directiva*2004/38, un documento de residencia que expresamente recoja su condición de beneficiario del Acuerdo de retirada.

Last edited by Chipmonk; Jul 5th 2020 at 10:44 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.