Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

latest news on healthcare

latest news on healthcare

Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute
Default latest news on healthcare

this has come from neighbourhood watch

To all,
Where British subjects in the Valencian Community are in possession of the Valencian Health Card by virtue of the agreement made whereby persons who had not reached pensionable age and were not contributing to the Valencian system were eligible to receive health care, an expiry date for this care would be the 15th January, 2009. It is understood that this date has been extended indefinitely.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: latest news on healthcare

Originally Posted by gill556
this has come from neighbourhood watch

To all,
Where British subjects in the Valencian Community are in possession of the Valencian Health Card by virtue of the agreement made whereby persons who had not reached pensionable age and were not contributing to the Valencian system were eligible to receive health care, an expiry date for this care would be the 15th January, 2009. It is understood that this date has been extended indefinitely.
Where is this understood from Gill
I thought there was going to be a contributary system bought in for such people
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a copy of an e-mail received via the neighbourhood watch
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh OK thanks, maybe we need to find out where it originates from Gill if thats possible, as its contrary to what we understood
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

The latest on this is available here;

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...care-valencia/
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

It doesn't look like their website has been updated yet, I would be surprised if the neighbourhood watch would go to the trouble of sending us an e-mail asking us to inform people if they were not sure of their facts. I could of course be wrong
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:16 pm
Senior Moment

Thanks for that
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't look like their website has been updated yet, I would be surprised if the neighbourhood watch would go to the trouble of sending us an e-mail asking us to inform people if they were not sure of their facts. I could of course be wrong
I posted that link before, a couple of weeks ago and it was then from the horses mouth so to speak unless it has changed since then.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I posted that link before, a couple of weeks ago and it was then from the horses mouth so to speak unless it has changed since then.
LOL, but people still don't use the search option!!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Margaret Hill is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi was very interested in your message as we live in the Valencian region would be grateful if you could send me a copy of the report as we do not have any health cover and are under pensionalbe age. We have lived the Valencian region for 5 years and our ages are 51 and 53 are we eligable for any cover its a worry. Any info would be grateful. I did have a temp SIP card for 6 months when I first arrived and when I went back to to renew the assistant told me I was equal a Bulgrian!! since then not bothered.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 1:01 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Margaret Hill
Hi was very interested in your message as we live in the Valencian region would be grateful if you could send me a copy of the report as we do not have any health cover and are under pensionalbe age. We have lived the Valencian region for 5 years and our ages are 51 and 53 are we eligable for any cover its a worry. Any info would be grateful. I did have a temp SIP card for 6 months when I first arrived and when I went back to to renew the assistant told me I was equal a Bulgrian!! since then not bothered.
You are not entitled to any health care normally in your situation after your temp sip has expired. Also, you are not entitled to it in the UK as you no longer reside there.

But the Valencian authorities are introducing a contributory system, which is what is being awaited.

Private health cover for a couple in your age group as an approximation will be between €1100 & €1400 a year with someone like Sanitas
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Margaret Hill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You are not entitled to any health care normally in your situation after your temp sip has expired. Also, you are not entitled to it in the UK as you no longer reside there.

But the Valencian authorities are introducing a contributory system, which is what is being awaited.

Private health cover for a couple in your age group as an approximation will be between €1100 & €1400 a year with someone like Sanitas
Hi Mitzyboy

Many thanks for your quick reply. Will contact Sanitas any other infor will be gratefully received with regard to the contributory system.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 6:24 am
Account Closed

intheknow is an unknown quantity at this point

You're not wrong. This is the latest news but the website hasn't been updated yet.

By indefinitely, it means until the Valencians manage to get the new monthly quota system in place. How long this will take them is anyone's guess.