Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Latest Chiclana Scam!!

Latest Chiclana Scam!!

Old May 16th 2005, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Latest Chiclana Scam!!

I think so, yes there are problems but there are problems everywhere of different types. What I love is the friendliness of the people. I will go for a walk and everyone speaks to you even the kids. That certainly wouldn't happen at home. My Spanish neighbour supplies me with veg from her garden so I made her a pot of home made strawberry jam as a thank you. Mind you after trying it I may not get any more veg!!! The only problem as far as I am concerned is the lack of work. Trying hard with the Spanish but there is no way I could take on a job where Spanish is needed which is the majority of jobs in the area.
Old May 16th 2005, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Latest Chiclana Scam!!

Originally Posted by glynis
I think so, yes there are problems but there are problems everywhere of different types. What I love is the friendliness of the people. I will go for a walk and everyone speaks to you even the kids. That certainly wouldn't happen at home. My Spanish neighbour supplies me with veg from her garden so I made her a pot of home made strawberry jam as a thank you. Mind you after trying it I may not get any more veg!!! The only problem as far as I am concerned is the lack of work. Trying hard with the Spanish but there is no way I could take on a job where Spanish is needed which is the majority of jobs in the area.
I know what you mean Glynis, we have a apartments in La Barrosa and the neighbours from both apartments are lovely people. They love our children and you never get any dirty looks when the children are not being 100% well behaved (not like in the UK). Don't get me wrong the UK is great but they way people look at you if you child is being a child is amazing!

My Husband wants to move out there but the language barrier is a worry as you really do need it to get any job/business going out there. Our Spanish is OK and we have no problems when we visit but it isn't good enough for a full blown Spanish conversation.

I am sure you neighbour will love your jam!