Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The last 10 days before I go.

The last 10 days before I go.

Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:03 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Default The last 10 days before I go.

Oh my goodness me, 11 days before i go, and im working right up to the very end, my last day at work is April 20th and I cant believe how slow it is going now.

I 'think' im just about ready to go now. In the sense of preperations in the UK. For all those not in the know im heading out to the Costa Del Sol packing very lightly and off to start a new life there really.
It seems that most of the stuff i can do has to be done when im actually there such as finding somewhere to live and a job and stuff. So got a car and a hotel booked and come April 23rd i'll be off.

But arghhh its not April 23rd yet and its nailbiting now. Not just because of the nerves but just because i cant stand the wait. I sit here at work knowing i got another 6 days of work to do after this then after that everything changes. Time is just clawing forward very very very very slowly. Feel like ive been at work all day and its not even 11am yet! Urghh I just want to go now! Spain is so close yet so far on the horizon. I think its just being stuck at work right until the bitter end, but i cant finish any earlier coz i need the money basically hehe.

Does anyone know how to fast forward time?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:52 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice
Default Re: The last 10 days before I go.

6 days for me amigo!

I found the best way to pass time is to get drunk a lot with all the friends you wont see for a very long time

I woke up this morning and wondered what day it was, its a very good place to be
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:24 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Please please can you two bring some nice weather with you

The next ten days will soon pass. If I remember rightly when it got that close for us our feet didnt touch the ground we had so much to do.

Sam
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:47 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

I think thats my problem, i dont really have anything i need to do. Because the other half is keeping the house going i dont have a load of packing or anything like that. Ill just be taking a suitcase with a laod of clothes, laptop, camera etc and be in a hotel for the first week. So the preperations are similar to those for just going on a holiday. Ive tried looking at properties online and the sur in english and stuff, but until im actually there to go and see them and phone up theres not much i can do. I have made enquiries but they usually lead to dead ends and recrtuiment agencies dont want to know me until i've got an address in spain. So theres not much i can do.

Keri youre lucky you get the option to get drunk with friends, with me working all this week and all next week i generally cant. Im OK once im at home, but when im sat at work time just drags and drags and drags and its not easy to bare. Its impossible to forget about spain now with it coming up so closely. I think next week is going to be worst though!

I am off to Teeside this weekend to see a friend and getting drunk (yes im getting round everyone! Might as well put some miles on this courtesy car hehehe)
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:19 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sam parky
Please please can you two bring some nice weather with you

The next ten days will soon pass. If I remember rightly when it got that close for us our feet didnt touch the ground we had so much to do.

Sam
http://www.dimaggio.org/DoNotClick/F...0the%20Sun.jpg Right! Now I just gotta get it through customs!

Onlineamiga, keep going my man, been a bit of a development on the girlfriend front for me, as now she doesnt think she wants to come out there, and to be honest I knew it anyway, so at least i know now Im gonna be single and act accordingly
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:20 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
I think thats my problem, i dont really have anything i need to do. Because the other half is keeping the house going i dont have a load of packing or anything like that. Ill just be taking a suitcase with a laod of clothes, laptop, camera etc and be in a hotel for the first week. So the preperations are similar to those for just going on a holiday. Ive tried looking at properties online and the sur in english and stuff, but until im actually there to go and see them and phone up theres not much i can do. I have made enquiries but they usually lead to dead ends and recrtuiment agencies dont want to know me until i've got an address in spain. So theres not much i can do.

Keri youre lucky you get the option to get drunk with friends, with me working all this week and all next week i generally cant. Im OK once im at home, but when im sat at work time just drags and drags and drags and its not easy to bare. Its impossible to forget about spain now with it coming up so closely. I think next week is going to be worst though!

I am off to Teeside this weekend to see a friend and getting drunk (yes im getting round everyone! Might as well put some miles on this courtesy car hehehe)
Since you have some spare time on your hands, have you prepared a CV? If not maybe this is the time to start working on it or improving it.

Make it purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:23 am
In Estepona

Wow that such a cool pic. Ah well sorry to hear about your girlfriend not wanting to come out, but at least you can concentrate on spanish senoritas. I Still wish you were coming to the costa del sol dude heheh.

Found an awesome house to rent at a good price too, a timber house, but it was no children allowed grrrrrrrrrr! My o/h is still very keen to come out as soon as possible really.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:31 am
I have a member

Oh man, Im really glad for you mate! I know it would mean a lot to you.

If the worst happens and you need a housemate and quick, let me know as Im not tied to the costa brava, and its only a bus ride away mi amigo Especially now Im definitely going it totally alone, the costa del sol is becoming more and more appealing
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:52 am
In Estepona

Cheers dude will do. Im not strictly tied to the CDS either, but i just like its location, near portugal, gib and morroco.