Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Land to Rent. put a Caravan on

Land to Rent. put a Caravan on

Old Jun 25th 2013, 3:54 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Land to Rent. put a Caravan on

yep our own van, I seen a few plots of land with caravans on it,
on the road from la marina to denia and even along the 332.
Is it easy to rent a piece of land in spain, we dont wont to build a house
it be our own van the awning and a pavilion for shade and
a blow up pool to cool down in if it has water??
Gas in bottles no problem, but what about elect, and drains.
Yep we dreaming about our own Veggies too
so does anybody have any real info on that.
Right now we on a site so there aint a time problem neither
would like to sort for 2014 maybe
Old Jun 26th 2013, 9:22 am
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Land to Rent. put a Caravan on

Nearly 100 views and nobody got any info
We can find house and flats online but I want to be away from people
like last night went to bed at 23.30 and at 23.40 the music started.
Music would be ok, but the stupid talking with the Mike
Old Jun 26th 2013, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

My reply would be don't do it, so many came before you and thought it would work. For some it may have but not many I would reckon.

Is this for permanent living ? there is an area around Orgiva that has many under the stars/tent/yurt/ van livers but few survive well just off the land it is hard to find a fertile patch ..no wonder the locals walk miles a day to little plots of land tended and treasured for many a long hard year. No electric nor drains up the mountain either. Mind you many there must have money just choose to live the hard life, including walking miles ( or begging lifts ) for supplies and children's schools. Freezing in the winter baking in the summer. Noooo not for me.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

There appears to be a problem that once you connect water or electricity or drains then it is no longer a caravan but a permanent home for which you need planning permission and it must be on land that has been designated for building.

Then the taxes start to flow etc. etc. etc.

Years ago people were building / buying wooden houses because they were told that there was no requirement for any of the above.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 3:08 pm
Headpoopscopper

Hello
we not going to live of the land, allottment be something for him to do besides fishing, flowers for me, we have a car so no walking
as for freezing we have a heater in the van, been living on campsite since 2009
and its a touring van.
Its just well campsites have a lot of noise with music and kids and those kids love to mess with us no spanish
oh well maybe we do need to pull up at one of those parked on land and ask
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:00 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan
Nearly 100 views and nobody got any info
We can find house and flats online but I want to be away from people
like last night went to bed at 23.30 and at 23.40 the music started.
Music would be ok, but the stupid talking with the Mike
understand what you mean.
last friday the music started at 8.00 and went on thru to 0300
last saturday music started at 8.00 and went on thru to 0200
considering I can't turn the tele up high enough to drown it out I think it must be mind numbing to be close to it.

we will have this now until end August at least.