Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Land Registry in Spain

Land Registry in Spain

Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

heatrepeat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Land Registry in Spain

Not so long ago we got news that their was an inheritance under our name for some property in Spain by our great grandfather. We have tried looking for the land itself but we dont have the address of it nor the name. All we have is the name of our grandfather.

How would I go about to find this land by just having his name?
Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Land Registry in Spain

Originally Posted by heatrepeat
Not so long ago we got news that their was an inheritance under our name for some property in Spain by our great grandfather. We have tried looking for the land itself but we dont have the address of it nor the name. All we have is the name of our grandfather.

How would I go about to find this land by just having his name?
You might do better by finding his will. All Spanish wills have to registered and you could enquire at the registry in Madrid to find his will then trace your inheritence from there.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Land Registry in Spain

Originally Posted by John & Kath
You might do better by finding his will. All Spanish wills have to registered and you could enquire at the registry in Madrid to find his will then trace your inheritence from there.
What's the registry in Madrid and how would I go about contacting them? The only thing I know is that he lived in spain and the land was located there.

Last edited by heatrepeat; Feb 13th 2011 at 4:55 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Land Registry in Spain

Originally Posted by heatrepeat
What's the registry in Madrid and how would I go about contacting them? The only thing I know is that he lived in spain and the land was located there.
Google is your friend all wills are reistered at the central register.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Google is your friend all wills are reistered at the central register.
The only reason why I'm asking here is because Google hasn't been my friend with this search. If searched tirelessly about land registries and will's and have came up empty. I even tried searching google.es in SPANISH and have came up empty.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Google: Registro Central de Actos de Ăšltima Voluntad madrid

Use google chrome and you may get a decent translation.

Good Luck