Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Land registry Fees

Land registry Fees

Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:07 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Land registry Fees

What level is the Land registry fee that you pay when you first register a property in Spain .... anyone know? One of my neighbours is being told it is 1% of the value by a builder and he wants to be sure
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Land registry Fees

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
What level is the Land registry fee that you pay when you first register a property in Spain .... anyone know? One of my neighbours is being told it is 1% of the value by a builder and he wants to be sure
Hi Mitzyboy,

Yes that is the fee level but I am not sure it is the price paid to the builder that sets the value. As you know there are different values for a house set by all sorts of bodies and I think it is the Cadastral value that is taken although how that is arrived at I do not understand.

We paid €120.000 for our plot and the Cadastral value before building commenced was €29.000 even though all the urbanisation works were complete and mains services available. So what it will be when we have finished our build I can't guess. I know what I am paying the builder, which is much more than the official value placed on it by the Arquitecto College for planning approval purposes but less I hope than a Bank Valuation so which one do they choose?

Regards,

John.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Have a look at this web page, I compared the results with what I have paid out so far in fees and taxes and it was spot on.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/calculator...erty-cost.aspx

Regards,

John.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:45 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Land registry Fees

Thanks John, very helpful
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:56 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I know what I am paying the builder, which is much more than the official value placed on it by the Arquitecto College for planning approval purposes .
What many town councils are now doing is asking you to show exactly how much it cost to build the house. As you say, this will be a lot more than the value the architect put on the planning application.

This figure was only an estimate at the time of the application and they will ask you for the licence tax on the difference between the two figures.

I had this problem two years after completion.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:59 pm
Senior Moment

Apparantly I paid 1% on the Obra Nueva
Anyone shed any light please
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Apparantly I paid 1% on the Obra Nueva
Anyone shed any light please
On the new work you have had done ?
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:20 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jdr
On the new work you have had done ?
No ... this is what I have paid for the land registration fees on the villa when we went to the notary
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

No ... this is what I have paid for the land registration fees on the villa when we went to the notary
Obra Nueva, is new work. ;-))
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:37 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jdr
Obra Nueva, is new work. ;-))
Yes I know ...... I think I'll just have to email the abogado again and try to get her to be more specific
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Mitzyboy,

Did you buy a plot and then build a house? If so you have two trips to the notario one to buy the land and you pay the fees including land registry then a second to register the house on the land more fees for both N and LR and if you took out a mortgage to build the house you could have an extra trip sometime between 1 & 2 to register the mortgage.

It's no wonder the quasi public job of Notario and the Public land registry are considered "Bobbies" jobs that are very rewarding.

Regards,

John.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

H All,

I paid 1% Junta Andalucia Impuestos (ITPAJD) on my plot escritura to the Land Registry. The nearest I can see in UK is Stamp Duty (Land Registry tax as it is now called).

Regards,

John.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 5:52 pm
Senior Moment

Hi Mitzyboy,

Did you buy a plot and then build a house? If so you have two trips to the notario one to buy the land and you pay the fees including land registry then a second to register the house on the land more fees for both N and LR and if you took out a mortgage to build the house you could have an extra trip sometime between 1 & 2 to register the mortgage.

It's no wonder the quasi public job of Notario and the Public land registry are considered "Bobbies" jobs that are very rewarding.

Regards,

John.
Its a long story riddled with intrigue, but we are a self promoter to our suprise ..... we have been to the notary and the deeds are being transferred with the land registry as we speak. No mortgage.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Its a long story riddled with intrigue, but we are a self promoter to our suprise ..... we have been to the notary and the deeds are being transferred with the land registry as we speak. No mortgage.
Hi Mitzyboy,

"Snap" thats exactly what I am described as having bought a plot and then engaged an Arquitecto got all the permissions then contracted a builder.

Regards,

John.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:23 pm
Senior Moment

Hi Mitzyboy,

"Snap" thats exactly what I am described as having bought a plot and then engaged an Arquitecto got all the permissions then contracted a builder.

Regards,

John.
I guess the difference was that you knew you were doing it, whereas I didnt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.