Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

La Referencia Catastral - how to get it?

La Referencia Catastral - how to get it?

Old Aug 14th 2015, 5:55 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: La Referencia Catastral - how to get it?

Hola

I live in an illegally sub-divided plot like many others; I pay IBI because the Ayuntamiento can split the plot for that purpose - the Catastral is a completely different matter and I'll have to wait for a law change to be able to legally split the plot.

Davexf
Old Aug 15th 2015, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Biffa read post 11. You will see why we don't pay IBI. We chose to live here because back in 2006 it had many things going for it (still has) One of those things was how low council tax was, in 2006 the average was around 80€ per property (never trust a council that is short of cash!) Another was that although we paid 240.000€ for our house, to buy similar on the coastal strip would have been closer to the 1 million € mark!
Old Aug 15th 2015, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Biffa read post 11. You will see why we don't pay IBI. We chose to live here because back in 2006 it had many things going for it (still has) One of those things was how low council tax was, in 2006 the average was around 80€ per property (never trust a council that is short of cash!) Another was that although we paid 240.000€ for our house, to buy similar on the coastal strip would have been closer to the 1 million € mark!
Hi there, re-read it, so understand the IBI thing. Why I asked why you chose to live there was because of this:-

"I am flabbergasted. We live in a village in the middle of nowhere in Murcia region. Our town council (pp council at the time) quadrupled charges in 2012 so the average for our village is currently over 600€. We have no facilites being a village, no bus etc, the only local produce to buy comes once a day from the back of a van, otherwise its a 24k round trip to the nearest town!

How can a backwoods farming village pay 5 times the rates of a place like Orihuela?"

Doesn't sound the wisest choice of place to live as it's you who seem to be critical of it!
But of course despite all that you might love it overall.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm you choose to gloss over the part where I mention the ibi used to be below a 100€ then the pp council increased it to over 600€. Yet despite that yes we still love it, compared to living in back to back rabbit hutches on the coastal strip.