Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

La Referencia Catastral - how to get it?

La Referencia Catastral - how to get it?

Old Aug 11th 2015, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default La Referencia Catastral - how to get it?

Found this old thread and advice within it about going to Goolzoom.com to find reference number. Entered my address and there are all the properties on my Calle EXCEPT mine! The house number is there but no property is shown only a double digit number. Can't understand why.
I have all the deeds for the house and the Cedula, so should I be panicking!
Thanks.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: La Referencia Catastral - how to get it?

If you use this site and fill in the address details under localization you should get your reference number. Once details completed if you click on the cartografia link at the bottom it should show your property on a map in detail? I have just checked mine works fine and also confirms as I thought that the reference number is shown on your IBI bill as the Identificativo.
Good luck

https://www1.sedecatastro.gob.es/OVC...?TIPO=consulta
Old Aug 11th 2015, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobd22
If you use this site and fill in the address details under localization you should get your reference number. Once details completed if you click on the cartografia link at the bottom it should show your property on a map in detail? I have just checked mine works fine and also confirms as I thought that the reference number is shown on your IBI bill as the Identificativo.
Good luck

https://www1.sedecatastro.gob.es/OVC...?TIPO=consulta
Thanks for that. but when I type in my number and click on the cartagrafia link I still get the same result. The plot is shown but no property on it! All there is, is a double digit number in black and the word "Suelo" in the middle.
Bit concerning. A town Hall visit or where?
Thanks.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

That is odd obviously just showing the land, it should have or certainly on mine it shows when built and sq Meters of each floor etc should also show dates of reforms etc . I know when we bought our house there was a problem re IBI bills that I had to sort out I ended up going to a cadastral office in Velez Malaga rather than the Town Hall. I will have a look Google Maps and see if I can get the name of that Office in case there is one near you?
Old Aug 11th 2015, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The name of the office I went to where they had all the Catastaral information was PATRONATO DE RECAUDACION PROVINCIAL, I would try Town Hall first if they cant help ask if they know where your version of the above office is. They were very good when I dealt with them showed me all the details etc on the computer. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just been on the phone to The Land Registry Office in Alicante. They were very helpful and confirmed they have all my information and that for the property on file. They don't know why it's not on the official map, but say it's no problem (!!) but if I want it included I should send a copy of the plans to their office for inclusion.
Don't know whether or not to go the trouble of doing it if, as they say, it's not a problem. I don't know whose job it was to originally have undertaken the task of getting it on the map (notary, town hall?) and why therefore I can't get them to do it.
Thanks for the help
Old Aug 11th 2015, 1:11 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

It could be that it was never registered with the cadastral. Do you pay IBI?
Old Aug 11th 2015, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snikpoh
It could be that it was never registered with the cadastral. Do you pay IBI?
Yes, through my gestor.
As I said in my previous post, the central register has all my details on file and say nothing is wrong as regards all the information they have. It's just that for some unknown reason, it's not on the map! Trouble is I don't know whose original responsibility it was. The Dirección General del Catastro in Alicante certainly didn't admit it was anything to do with them!
Old Aug 11th 2015, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Glad I could be of some help and good news that all sorted and in order, at least it puts your mind at rest.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobd22
Glad I could be of some help and good news that all sorted and in order, at least it puts your mind at rest.
Yes, thanks for that, I'd still feel better if the property was shown on the map. Also who would have been responsible for putting in there!
Until you look though, you never think about these things.
Thanks again.
Old Aug 12th 2015, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

We have similar that we are going through at the moment.

Bought the property in 2006 but never have had an IBI bill, even though numerous requests for it over the years. Last year a visit to the townhall and their architect brought up the land plots for our area. None of the 3 properties on this sub divided plot were on the official map - even though I know the other two have paid IBI for the last 5 years so must be registered somewhere.

Via our solicitor we have had to resubmit plans of the land and property along with a certificate of antiquity ( in total almost 900€) from our own architect. We know all of this was done when we bought because we were shown all the paperwork in the notary office.

So we have ended up having to pay twice because of some official cock-up. The kicker is that the catastral office has informed us that once everything is complete and we are asked for 4 years IBI there will also be a fine for us not paying it in the first place!

Oh yes, the two other properties that do pay IBI etc are still not showing up on the official map- only in Spain.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

you may be paying ibi but at the suelo rate, not the ibi as if there is a house on the plot. My neighbour's house was built 25 years ago & was only listed as a plot - she sold the house 2 years ago without problem.

A catastral change costs you 60e, I would wait for them to find you though as there is no penalty for not changing the catastro voluntarily.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. Confusing or what? From the amount I am paying for my IBI i'm pretty confident that it's for my house and not the plot. All was done legally via my gestor and the notary and as I said in my earlier posting when I spoke to the Registry Office in Alicante, they said held full records on my house and assured me there was no official problem, but couldn't explain why it isn't on the map!
They asked me to send plans to their office in Alicante and they will sort it which I've done. Not holding my breath though!
Old Aug 14th 2015, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

While talking of IBI I was astounded couple of days ago. I was reading the Euro Weekly and Orihuela town council has agreed a rise of 10% for IBI taking the average per property in the area to 140€.

I am flabbergasted. We live in a village in the middle of nowhere in Murcia region. Our town council (pp council at the time) quadrupled charges in 2012 so the average for our village is currently over 600€. We have no facilites being a village, no bus etc, the only local produce to buy comes once a day from the back of a van, otherwise its a 24k round trip to the nearest town!

How can a backwoods farming village pay 5 times the rates of a place like Orihuela?

I may be doing the wrong thing to pursue wanting to pay IBI, but in the long run when we do want to sell up it will be that much easier.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
While talking of IBI I was astounded couple of days ago. I was reading the Euro Weekly and Orihuela town council has agreed a rise of 10% for IBI taking the average per property in the area to 140€.

I am flabbergasted. We live in a village in the middle of nowhere in Murcia region. Our town council (pp council at the time) quadrupled charges in 2012 so the average for our village is currently over 600€. We have no facilites being a village, no bus etc, the only local produce to buy comes once a day from the back of a van, otherwise its a 24k round trip to the nearest town!

How can a backwoods farming village pay 5 times the rates of a place like Orihuela?

I may be doing the wrong thing to pursue wanting to pay IBI, but in the long run when we do want to sell up it will be that much easier.
Do you mean to say you don't currently pay IBI? Also if living where you do has such disadvantages, why did you choose to live there? Perhaps if your paying no IBI you can hardly complain!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.