Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

La Pinilla move

La Pinilla move

Old Feb 18th 2015, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Annse is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile La Pinilla move

Hi all, I am new to the group but would really appreciate any information. I have just purchased a property in La Pinilla, near Fuente Alamo de Murcia and am a little nervous. I have purchased this because my husband has just got over a large cancer op, he's doing great now and my daughter was critically ill last year so having nearly lost both I wanted to give them a better life including my 6 year old grandson. So the plan is my daughter and grandson move out next July 2016 when he is due to go into junior school, my husband July 2017 when he retires and me a little bit after that. I know it will not be easy especially as none of us speak any Spanish yet but this is something we are all looking forward to, a new life. So if you live near, I would love to make contact. If you can give any advise on local schools that would be fantastic, we need to purchase a lot of furniture so any suggestions for that will be welcomed and we need to have a pool and terrace built in the grounds any recommendations?. So sorry it is a lot all at once but I am trying very hard to make things easy for them all, hubby and Lucy still having treatment at the mo, I have been out three times to sort out the purchase, now it is all mine at last and the three of them will be joining me to see their new home for the first time in April. Which is why it would be great to get the builders in at that point and also go shopping for some furniture or meet some expats. Thanks for reading..
Old Feb 19th 2015, 6:34 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: La Pinilla move

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 19th 2015, 7:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annse
Hi all, I am new to the group but would really appreciate any information. I have just purchased a property in La Pinilla, near Fuente Alamo de Murcia and am a little nervous. I have purchased this because my husband has just got over a large cancer op, he's doing great now and my daughter was critically ill last year so having nearly lost both I wanted to give them a better life including my 6 year old grandson. So the plan is my daughter and grandson move out next July 2016 when he is due to go into junior school, my husband July 2017 when he retires and me a little bit after that. I know it will not be easy especially as none of us speak any Spanish yet but this is something we are all looking forward to, a new life. So if you live near, I would love to make contact. If you can give any advise on local schools that would be fantastic, we need to purchase a lot of furniture so any suggestions for that will be welcomed and we need to have a pool and terrace built in the grounds any recommendations?. So sorry it is a lot all at once but I am trying very hard to make things easy for them all, hubby and Lucy still having treatment at the mo, I have been out three times to sort out the purchase, now it is all mine at last and the three of them will be joining me to see their new home for the first time in April. Which is why it would be great to get the builders in at that point and also go shopping for some furniture or meet some expats. Thanks for reading..
Welcome

No recommendations, but please remember that you need permission from the town hall for any alterations etc, so for the pool and changes to the terrace. Also please look into healthcare carefully, you and your husband should be covered once he has reached retirement age, but your daughter and grandson would need private cover.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Welcome

No recommendations, but please remember that you need permission from the town hall for any alterations etc, so for the pool and changes to the terrace. Also please look into healthcare carefully, you and your husband should be covered once he has reached retirement age, but your daughter and grandson would need private cover.
Yes and I am not sure how easy it will be to get private health cover after a bout of cancer. Definitely worth looking into as you could be looking at very high premiums
Old Feb 19th 2015, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

La Pinilla is very near to Camposol, so apart from amenities in the village, you will find plenty at the commercial centres there.
There is a huge shopping complex, Espacio Mediterraneo, just outside Cartagena for all your household goods and furniture, apart from those in Mazarron itself, so you are spoilt for choice.
I would agree that getting health over for your daughter will be difficult and expensive, but after one year she can pay 60 euros per month into the spanish health system for their NHS care which will cover all conditions
You need to research the requirements for residency, which are now much stricter regarding finances and health cover.
Also, please thoroughly research the implications of the Spanish tax system and how it might affect you.it is very different here, and not always in a good way
Inheritance tax laws are very different here, especially how it affects Murcia.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Welcome

Many thanks I will look into this
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Neptuno
La Pinilla is very near to Camposol, so apart from amenities in the village, you will find plenty at the commercial centres there.
There is a huge shopping complex, Espacio Mediterraneo, just outside Cartagena for all your household goods and furniture, apart from those in Mazarron itself, so you are spoilt for choice.
I would agree that getting health over for your daughter will be difficult and expensive, but after one year she can pay 60 euros per month into the spanish health system for their NHS care which will cover all conditions
You need to research the requirements for residency, which are now much stricter regarding finances and health cover.
Also, please thoroughly research the implications of the Spanish tax system and how it might affect you.it is very different here, and not always in a good way
Inheritance tax laws are very different here, especially how it affects Murcia.
Thank you so much, we travel out on 10th April so will start checking places out.
Old Mar 28th 2015, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

In relation to furniture there is a large Ikea about 40 miles away from you if you are in to their style. IKEA Murcia - Tienda de Muebles - IKEA