Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

La Herrada Holiday Home Owners - Beware

La Herrada Holiday Home Owners - Beware

Old Aug 27th 2015, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

Tadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond repute
Default La Herrada Holiday Home Owners - Beware

Please be aware if you have a property on LaHerrada, Los Montesinos and use a local key holder.

Yesterday evening whilst sat in LM villageyesterday afternoon with some friends who are visiting on holiday, next to uswas a lady who started talking to us and when my friends said they were sayingthey were renting a holiday home on La Herrada, she asked what they were payingand said she lived on La Herrada and managed 10 properties and politelychallenged them that she could offer cheaper (2 with private pools) on LaHerrada and gave her number. What amazed me was I have seen this lady manytimes with her family and I assume she has seen me and my wife around thevillage – maybe not.

It was very uncomfortable but we all remainedpolite and non-committal.

Later on having discussed this with a few othersin the local bars she (and her parents) have been poaching a lot of holidaymakers this month and are locally known to rent out holiday homes withouttelling the owner. 1 person had a huge electricity bill in June / July but asfar as he knew his property was empty – he could not prove anything but has nowtaken his keys back from this lady and carefully looking for another keyholder!

I will not name this person on here but ifanyone has a property on La Herrrada and is concerned and would like the nameof this person please send me a PM.

Alternatively keep a check on your utility usageand maybe make surprise visit during peak periods
Old Aug 30th 2015, 7:11 am
Account Closed

Tadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: La Herrada Holiday Home Owners - Beware

Just heard of another house let by this lady without the owner knowing - big stand up argument last night nearly came to blows
Old Aug 30th 2015, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

It happens inland as well. Only this was done by an estate agency selling properties for the owners. They asked that the owner inform them of any visits before travelling. That way they could ensure they hadn't let the property if the owners appeared.

It came out when an owner did visit and found his property with people in it! There is a facebook page dedicated to it which is a corruption of the estate agents name. For their part the estate agent send threatening messages to anyone who actually puts a 'like' on the page. The owner took it on himself to check all the properties in the window of the agents that were for sale. He found 11 houses with people in them that were paying for a holiday home to the estate agent, when in fact the properties were for sale!

Last edited by Bri and Katee; Aug 30th 2015 at 7:47 am.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 8:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
It happens inland as well. Only this was done by an estate agency selling properties for the owners. They asked that the owner inform them of any visits before travelling. That way they could ensure they hadn't let the property if the owners appeared.

It came out when an owner did visit and found his property with people in it! There is a facebook page dedicated to it which is a corruption of the estate agents name. For their part the estate agent send threatening messages to anyone who actually puts a 'like' on the page. The owner took it on himself to check all the properties in the window of the agents that were for sale. He found 11 houses with people in them that were paying for a holiday home to the estate agent, when in fact the properties were for sale!

Tried to find this on FB no luck. Can you PM name please
Old Sep 6th 2015, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Had 2 pm's from worried owners

1 had suspicions and is on his way over to get keys back and change locks