Reload this Page >

la cala state school

la cala state school

Old May 8th 2009, 10:56 am
Just Joined

elisabeth1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile la cala state school

Hello there,

We are relocating to La cala area this August and I would welcome any advice regarding enrollment at the state schools El Chaparrell or Jardin Botanico. I have a 5 year old daughter. I heard that it is now not possible to register on the padron in mijas without residencia now and you must have registered on the padron to enrol at school. I believe residencia can take a few months to register. Does this mean my daughter would not be able to start a state primary in September if there is a place available until the residencia is processed and then the Padron? We would have to look at international school for a year if this is the case. Any help with this would be gratefully recieved.
Old May 8th 2009, 11:27 am
Luz
Forum Regular

Luz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud of
Default Re: la cala state school

I don't personally know the school but I recently did the paperwork for a four year old to start in an Andalucian school. I presume that the same will apply for all schools in Andalucia so the necessary paperwork is:

1. Application form filled in. You can get this from the school.

2. Certificate from the Town Hall. (empadronamiento). You can get this by either presenting the deeds to your house or a rental contract. Take along your passport to prove that you are who you say you are.

3. Original and photocopy of child's birth certificate.

4. Originals and photocopies of mum, dad and child's passports. If the child is living with only one of the parents then you only have to show the passport of the parent the child is living with.

5. Two passport size photos of your child.

They will simply have a look at the originals and the photocopies to make sure they are the same. They will give you back the originals straight away.
Never leave original copies.
Hope this helps
Old May 8th 2009, 12:00 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luz
I don't personally know the school but I recently did the paperwork for a four year old to start in an Andalucian school. I presume that the same will apply for all schools in Andalucia so the necessary paperwork is:

1. Application form filled in. You can get this from the school.

2. Certificate from the Town Hall. (empadronamiento). You can get this by either presenting the deeds to your house or a rental contract. Take along your passport to prove that you are who you say you are.

3. Original and photocopy of child's birth certificate.

4. Originals and photocopies of mum, dad and child's passports. If the child is living with only one of the parents then you only have to show the passport of the parent the child is living with.

5. Two passport size photos of your child.

They will simply have a look at the originals and the photocopies to make sure they are the same. They will give you back the originals straight away.
Never leave original copies.
Hope this helps
OK, Being a pedant, what's an "original copy"? - originals or copies

Old May 8th 2009, 2:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elisabeth1
Hello there,

We are relocating to La cala area this August and I would welcome any advice regarding enrollment at the state schools El Chaparrell or Jardin Botanico. I have a 5 year old daughter. I heard that it is now not possible to register on the padron in mijas without residencia now and you must have registered on the padron to enrol at school. I believe residencia can take a few months to register. Does this mean my daughter would not be able to start a state primary in September if there is a place available until the residencia is processed and then the Padron? We would have to look at international school for a year if this is the case. Any help with this would be gratefully recieved.
Most places now do residencia by an appointment system and get the certificate on the same day, you used to have to queue from 07.00 and hope you had all the right paperwork.
Now when making the appointment they tell you what you need and a form to take to the bank and pay the day before the appointment.
Make sure you get the right place though, when I first got my NIE I got it from Fuengirola as I live 2 minutes away, but when I got my Residencia I had to go to Torremolinos ???
They give you three schools as options, put the one you like best at the top.
Old May 8th 2009, 11:10 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Here are a few links to assist good luck and a very warm welcome to the mad house. Some Schools ask that the child has an NIE number but not all. I think this is to stop Brits coming on extended holidays and leaving the children in School whilst they go house hunting, Drinking and other activites.

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/educa...eto_ingles.pdf

http://worldwideprofessional.wikispa...flet+08-09.pdf

http://pineappletravel.netfirms.com/educatingspain.html

http://www.nabss.org/en/schools.php

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Sp.../State-schools

http://www.directestates.com/spanish_schools.php

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 9th 2009 at 2:09 am.
Old May 9th 2009, 9:13 am
Luz
Forum Regular

Luz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud of

snikpoh,
I like pedants. I'm normally that way. Bad mistake from me I blame it on "oldtimers".
Should have said "originals".
I'm at the back of the class with my "dunce" hat on.
Old May 10th 2009, 8:11 am
Just Joined

elisabeth1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: la cala state school

Thanks for all the replies. It is all really usefull information. Much appreciated.
Old May 10th 2009, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elisabeth1
Thanks for all the replies. It is all really usefull information. Much appreciated.
Just a snippet extra, the son of an acquaintance goes to school in La Cala but I haven't seen her to ask which one but she raves about it and apparently they offer some kind of bilingual English/Spanish option .....
when I know, I'll post again, sorry this is inconclusive