Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is la Caixa in trouble>

Is la Caixa in trouble>

Old Jul 31st 2022, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of
Default Is la Caixa in trouble>

I had an appointment with my branch last Tuesday at 1100. When I got there the branch was closed. It was also closed on Wednesdaay, Thursday and Friday. I sent an email to their head ofice asking why, and when was the branch likely to re-open. No reply. Today i telephone d them and was kept waiting an hour whilst I was pushed from pillar to post and then they cut me off. They have never been very helpful but this is just ridiculous.
Old Jul 31st 2022, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is la Caixa in trouble>

One would assume not

https://www.caixabank.com/comunicaci...html?id=43633#

but maybe your branch is?
Old Jul 31st 2022, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Just as in UK Spanish banks are closing lots of branches and moving everyone to online banking. Caixa in torrevieja is closing 2 branches next month. I recieved an email telling me to download their new digital signature app as they say I will need that to make online banking easier. Best to start getting familiar with how do use these things because banking in Spain is bad enough at the moment t but about to become much worse!!!
Plus the banks are furious with Sanchez and his new proposal to tax them more. Not to mention the energy companies!!!

Old Jul 31st 2022, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnyone
Just as ein UK Spanish banks are closing lots of branches and moving everyone to online banking. Caixa in torrevieja is closing 2 branches next month. I recieved an email telling me to download their new digital signature app as they say I will need that to make online banking easier. Best to start getting familiar with how do use these things because banking in Spain is bad enough at the moment t but about to become much worse!!!
Plus the banks are furious with Sanchez and his new proposal to tax them more. Not to mention the energy companies!!!
Exactly right. We used to have three branches of La Caixa in one street in Pamplona , four if you include the Barclays branch which they acquired and then shut. Now reduced to one, at the same time our charming account manager made redundant and we are left with a "general" account services centre. In all I have three La Caixa Apps on my phone each having a slightly different function, manageable but a real pain.
Old Jul 31st 2022, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Exactly right. We used to have three branches of La Caixa in one street in Pamplona , four if you include the Barclays branch which they acquired and then shut. Now reduced to one, at the same time our charming account manager made redundant and we are left with a "general" account services centre. In all I have three La Caixa Apps on my phone each having a slightly different function, manageable but a real pain.

I find the apps good but if something goes wrong then telephone banking is a nightmare!!!
Old Aug 1st 2022, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Just watching the news this morning as the heads of the banks react to the new tax. What a bunch of terrible entitled old men. They talk with such contempt to the media not to mention the government. They have made 12 % more profit this year compared to last and they basically are threatening us that if they are taxed Spain will pay for it. It's pretty much the behaviour of a dictatorship. These are the remains of the frano-era that Spain needs to finally get rid of.
Old Aug 1st 2022, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Just as in UK Spanish banks are closing lots of branches and moving everyone to online banking. Caixa in torrevieja is closing 2 branches next month. I recieved an email telling me to download their new digital signature app as they say I will need that to make online banking easier. Best to start getting familiar with how do use these things because banking in Spain is bad enough at the moment t but about to become much worse!!!
I know it divides opions about banks closing branches but I do think online banking/finance is the way forward, but I find that online is better served by those institutions that have evolved in the digital era rather than many high street banks that have moved to digital (or offering a hybrid service) and are trying to catch up.
Old Aug 1st 2022, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

What new tax?

Yes I agree with you UKMS
Old Aug 1st 2022, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spainrico
What new tax?

Yes I agree with you UKMS
The Spanish government intend to raise taxes on Spanish banks ( and utility companies) in reaction to the profits they have made this year.
Old Aug 1st 2022, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

The Spanish government intend to raise taxes on Spanish banks ( and utility companies) in reaction to the profits they have made this year.
Good. But unfortunately these will passed down to the consumer as normal.
Bonus's and share payouts should have 80% tax on them.
After all even at this amount, the remaining monies will still be many times what the ordinary person in the street earns in a year.
Old Aug 1st 2022, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
Good. But unfortunately these will passed down to the consumer as normal.
Bonus's and share payouts should have 80% tax on them.
After all even at this amount, the remaining monies will still be many times what the ordinary person in the street earns in a year.
(drifting off topic a bit ) I assume you mean those at the top of the food chain creaming in millions ? there are also a lot of hard working 'ordinary people in the street' who receive bonuses and shares as part of their compensation package as a reward for hard work, Im sure they wouldnt be best pleased at losing 80% of it in tax.
Old Aug 1st 2022, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Just watching the news this morning as the heads of the banks react to the new tax. What a bunch of terrible entitled old men. They talk with such contempt to the media not to mention the government. They have made 12 % more profit this year compared to last and they basically are threatening us that if they are taxed Spain will pay for it. It's pretty much the behaviour of a dictatorship. These are the remains of the frano-era that Spain needs to finally get rid of.
Interesting article in El Pais today about Spanish bankers being the highest paid in Europe.
Old Aug 1st 2022, 2:27 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alectryon
I had an appointment with my branch last Tuesday at 1100. When I got there the branch was closed. It was also closed on Wednesdaay, Thursday and Friday. I sent an email to their head ofice asking why, and when was the branch likely to re-open. No reply. Today i telephone d them and was kept waiting an hour whilst I was pushed from pillar to post and then they cut me off. They have never been very helpful but this is just ridiculous.
Check if it's disappeared from the branch search on the website.
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
(drifting off topic a bit ) I assume you mean those at the top of the food chain creaming in millions ? there are also a lot of hard working 'ordinary people in the street' who receive bonuses and shares as part of their compensation package as a reward for hard work, Im sure they wouldnt be best pleased at losing 80% of it in tax.
Spains tax laws are backwards. Encouraging people either not to work or to do dodgy back hand deals. I haven’t spoke to one Spanish person that has a good thing to say about Sanchez. Only people that have said good things about him that I have spoken too we’re British expats.