Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

kitchen Manufacturers in Costa Del Sol

kitchen Manufacturers in Costa Del Sol

Old Feb 5th 2020, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

iantcl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kitchen Manufacturers in Costa Del Sol

Just purchased a property in Mijas. Does anyone know any kitchen manufacturers on the Costa that are reasonably priced?

Thank you
Old Feb 5th 2020, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kitchen Manufacturers in Costa Del Sol

Ikea.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

I looked around at quite a few and was horrified by their prices. I got mine from Ikea and they came and fitted it. Lovely thing it is.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 7:12 am
Just Joined

iantcl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mark604
I looked around at quite a few and was horrified by their prices. I got mine from Ikea and they came and fitted it. Lovely thing it is.
Was the fitting price reasonable Mark or was it a lumpsum price you got?
Old Feb 6th 2020, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a price per metre length. Can't remember now how much but as it was about twelve years ago it wouldn't be accurate now anyway. It wasn't small money to do that bit but with the combined cost of the kitchen it was still less than half the price of other small firms who quoted especially since out house is an hour at least away from our closest Ikea in Malaga and in the campo, so some firms wouldn't come out to us. Plus it was professionally done.
The cost of the units is one thing, the cost of the fitting is another. It's up to the individual whether they just buy and assemble/fit themselves or pay them to do it.
I measured the kitchen, which had no units in it at all, a recently renovated space completely empty.
We looked at what was available at Ikea when we visited.

I designed what I wanted at home on my computer using the Ikea website design tool and saved it to their website (it is shown how to do that as you register on it).
We went back to Ikea, retrieved the design from their computers and it was costed by their staff.
A fitter came to the house, measured and checked everything was as per the design and my measurements. An appointment was arranged for the fitting.
They came, two men, brought all the kitchen flatpacks, examined every piece and rejected any doors etc that had even the slightest mark or damage to them. Fortunately just a cabinet door and a draw front.
It took them about six hours to fit it, level it, secure to the walls etc etc. It was a bigger than normal kitchen though.

The rejected door/draw front was ordered and they would have come back to put them on, but I just picked them up and fitted them myself.
It's been good ever since.
One point is that once you commit to a design and they bring the stuff, you cannot change it once they start assembling it and decide on moving one or whatever because when in situ, you suddenly had a better idea.
I already had a fridge/freezer and a cooker bought locally so from Ikea, we just got the units/cabinets both floor and wall mounted. They fitted and attached everything, made it all level, cut the worktops, fitted all the added bits like fancy decorative pieces on the wall cabinets etc etc. All the door handles, hinges and so on.
I just sat and watched them and made drinks.
Well worth the money but I admit next time, now I've watched them, I'd fit it all myself as most of the stuff in the house is Ikea and I always end up assembling that anyway.

Last edited by Mark604; Feb 6th 2020 at 7:41 am.