Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

King Juan Carlos - To Russia today.

King Juan Carlos - To Russia today.

Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:06 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default King Juan Carlos - To Russia today.

http://eng.kremlin.ru/news/4166

On July 19, Vladimir Putin will meet with King Juan Carlos I of Spain, who will make a working visit to Russia at the President’s invitation.
Part of the reason for the visit, is that Russia is embarking on major infrastructure investment, including a new high speed rail line costing 17 billion euros between Moscow and St Petersburg, and the Spanish want some of that business - although the French no doubt will try their best to snag that contract.

I'm not sure how a royal helps in these type of contract negotiations. Does he offer holidays at his royal estate in Mallorca as a show of friendship? If it works I have to admit grudgingly (as a Republican) that it's a compensation for all the money the royal family receive.

http://www.abc.es/20120718/espana/ab...207180910.html
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:34 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: King Juan Carlos - To Russia today.

He will likely swing the deal by offering to take the Ruskies on an African Elephant shoot.
Should be right up their street.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 12:31 pm
RQM
Forum Regular

RQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
He will likely swing the deal by offering to take the Ruskies on an African Elephant shoot.

Well said

The man's an arse.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

Not just him it seems

Iñaki Urdangarín and the Infanta Cristina employed domestic staff 'on the black'

A HOUSEKEEPER working for the disgraced Duke of Palma and his wife the Duchess has revealed her royal employers paid her cash in hand and never gave her a job contract.
The employee, whose name has not been revealed, said Iñaki Urdangarín and the Infanta Cristina – the King of Spain's daughter – was told at her job interview that she would be working 'on the black'.
Not only does this involve tax-evasion by her employers, but the staff member would have no rights to a State pension, free healthcare, unemployment or sick benefit, and could have been fined or even jailed herself if caught.
She was subpoenaed by judge José Castro, who is handling the 'Nóos' case relating to alleged money laundering by the King and Queen's son-in-law.
Under oath, she admitted that after two years' service she asked for a contract and, when she received it, it had her recorded as a telephonist for the company Aizoon.
This is said to be one of the front companies used by Urdangarín for siphoning money out of a charity he was running.
The housekeeper said she had never heard of such a company.
Two other cleaning ladies, when questioned, revealed that they had contracts as 'administration assistants' for the same firm, when they did not carry out any office-based work, only domestic chores.
A few months ago, after the Duke and Duchess' bank accounts were frozen because they had not paid Social Security – Spanish national insurance – for some of their staff members, the accused couple

Surprise surprise it has just been announced that Cristina will not face charges for her part in the shady dealings of her husband and Co.

Meanwhile Urdanga is still working for telefonica with a salary of 1.5 millions a year, and whacking great bonus, and he will get a golden hand shake of 4.5 millions.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 3:22 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt the americans are behind this.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:13 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
No doubt the americans are behind this.
huh? Behind the Russian plan to build a high speed train link? Or behind the Spanish bid for the contract?

I like your postings when you stick to local matters such as Mallorca, which you obviously know well. But I have to admit I quickly lose you when you start going on about "the americans"??
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what they will find for him to shoot. Someone's pet bear last time, wasn't it?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:17 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
I wonder what they will find for him to shoot. Someone's pet bear last time, wasn't it?
I don't care so long as I'm not in the vicinity! Wonder who's a better shot out of him and Phil the Greek? Not something I'd care to test
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I don't care so long as I'm not in the vicinity! Wonder who's a better shot out of him and Phil the Greek? Not something I'd care to test
They could start with aiming at each other and see who hits the target first.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:35 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
They could start with aiming at each other and see who hits the target first.
Would have been a good idea when they were younger. I'm afraid that by-passers would be in grave danger from that doddery pair now.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:09 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Putin is rather fond of shooting stuff too
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:14 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

huh? Behind the Russian plan to build a high speed train link? Or behind the Spanish bid for the contract?

I like your postings when you stick to local matters such as Mallorca, which you obviously know well. But I have to admit I quickly lose you when you start going on about "the americans"??
Ye, you're right, but I was only baiting Cman to weigh in with his theory of how the americans are behind it for oil.

Last edited by amideislas; Jul 18th 2012 at 6:17 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:57 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rspltd
Not just him it seems

Iñaki Urdangarín and the Infanta Cristina employed domestic staff 'on the black'

A HOUSEKEEPER working for the disgraced Duke of Palma and his wife the Duchess has revealed her royal employers paid her cash in hand and never gave her a job contract.
The employee, whose name has not been revealed, said Iñaki Urdangarín and the Infanta Cristina – the King of Spain's daughter – was told at her job interview that she would be working 'on the black'.
Not only does this involve tax-evasion by her employers, but the staff member would have no rights to a State pension, free healthcare, unemployment or sick benefit, and could have been fined or even jailed herself if caught.
She was subpoenaed by judge José Castro, who is handling the 'Nóos' case relating to alleged money laundering by the King and Queen's son-in-law.
Under oath, she admitted that after two years' service she asked for a contract and, when she received it, it had her recorded as a telephonist for the company Aizoon.
This is said to be one of the front companies used by Urdangarín for siphoning money out of a charity he was running.
The housekeeper said she had never heard of such a company.
Two other cleaning ladies, when questioned, revealed that they had contracts as 'administration assistants' for the same firm, when they did not carry out any office-based work, only domestic chores.
A few months ago, after the Duke and Duchess' bank accounts were frozen because they had not paid Social Security – Spanish national insurance – for some of their staff members, the accused couple

Surprise surprise it has just been announced that Cristina will not face charges for her part in the shady dealings of her husband and Co.

Meanwhile Urdanga is still working for telefonica with a salary of 1.5 millions a year, and whacking great bonus, and he will get a golden hand shake of 4.5 millions.
A right pair of shites..............
Old Jul 19th 2012, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
He was invited by a friend yours, a Jordanian businessman who lives in Spain, that as the king, he is fond of hunting, in Spain and outside Spain. On this trip there was no public money, I don't know why the fuss. In addition, King is not the cause of current problem of Spain, the problem was a useless named Zapatero
Old Jul 19th 2012, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

http://eng.kremlin.ru/news/4166

Part of the reason for the visit, is that Russia is embarking on major infrastructure investment, including a new high speed rail line costing 17 billion euros between Moscow and St Petersburg, and the Spanish want some of that business - although the French no doubt will try their best to snag that contract.

I'm not sure how a royal helps in these type of contract negotiations. Does he offer holidays at his royal estate in Mallorca as a show of friendship? If it works I have to admit grudgingly (as a Republican) that it's a compensation for all the money the royal family receive.

http://www.abc.es/20120718/espana/ab...207180910.html
S.M. Don Juan Carlos is the Head of State of Spain, and would do what any head of state, travel and attract investment to the country, is normal. Others do, so I don't understand the problem. He has done more for this country that rabble as Zapatero (this has not done nothing, only ruin the country) cancel such a coup and attract much investment. This is nothing new. It is influential and has many friends, as the Saudi royal family

The money of he Spanish royal family is a joke compared to the money of the British royal family. In fact, until the Duchess of Alba, I think it has more titles and properties that the King Juan Carlos

Last edited by Relampago; Jul 19th 2012 at 11:09 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.