Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Kids health checks

Kids health checks

Old Dec 1st 2009, 11:37 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light
Default Kids health checks

I just took my daughter who is now 2 to the medical centre for her routine check up.

The doctor told me that every child (in Asturias anyway) has a routine checkup when children are 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 13.

They checked her heart, her feet, eyes, ears, teeth and gave a little jab.

I think that is great because you don't get that back in the UK. You only go to the doctors if you are sick. I can see that the spanish way is more pro-active in its healthcare. I like it - I like it alot.

And they love to chat too.

And we were there almost and hour and didn't feel rushed....one doctor drew a face and tie on a wooden stick to entertain my daughter.

Spain does have some really good bits, doesn't it?

Last edited by manamama; Dec 1st 2009 at 11:39 am.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:11 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Kids health checks

Originally Posted by manamama
I just took my daughter who is now 2 to the medical centre for her routine check up.

The doctor told me that every child (in Asturias anyway) has a routine checkup when children are 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 13.

I think that is great because you don't get that back in the UK. You only go to the doctors if you are sick. I can see that the spanish way is more pro-active in its healthcare. I like it - I like it alot.

And we were there almost and hour and didn't feel rushed....one doctor drew a face and tie on a wooden stick to entertain my daughter.

My 2 girls have regular checks here on the costa blanca and they are just as you say. Fantastic. The spanish health service, for me, is second to none.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:41 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama

My children have never had these routine checks. Should they contact us or should we simply make appointments?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:12 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by snikpoh
My children have never had these routine checks. Should they contact us or should we simply make appointments?
My kids were born here. The hospital & doctor made the appointmets for us. How old are your kids?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:21 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

The medical centre called my husband yesterday telling him that our little girl should have a revision and booked today.

I went today and the doctor explained that I should call and make an appointment two weeks before their birthday. Next one is my daughter when she is 8 in July. Someone remind me in June!

Best to call and find out.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:29 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
My kids were born here. The hospital & doctor made the appointmets for us. How old are your kids?
Eldest turned 13 last week and the twins are just 11. They obviously missed their 10th birthday checkup so I'll contact the health centre and see what they say. thanks